Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries



Links

Issociate
Impressum

#1: mod_dir does not appear to be working

Posted on 2006-01-12 22:44:19 by Mark Williams

Hi,
I just built apache 2.0.55 for Solaris 8 with the default mod_dir
enabled and have a very vanilla httpd.conf.


Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all


DirectoryIndex index.html index.php3 index.php

There are no occurrences of 'DirectorySlash' in httpd.conf, although I tried
it set to 'On' with no effect.

If I access
http://mysite
The 'index.php' displays as expected.

If I access
http://mysite/TEST/
The browser displays the expected .index.php'

If I access
http://mysite/TEST
The browser (IE6) returns 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'

Shouldn't mod_dir append a '/' after the 'TEST' in the url above with the
result that TEST/index.html is displayed? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Report this message

Mr Ad

Google

#2: Re: mod_dir does not appear to be working

Posted on 2006-01-13 23:00:59 by HansH

"Mark Williams" schreef in bericht
news:T4Axf.96071$XC4.4688@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Hi,
> I just built apache 2.0.55 for Solaris 8 with the default mod_dir
> enabled and have a very vanilla httpd.conf.
>
>
> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> AllowOverride None
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
>

>
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.php3 index.php
>
> There are no occurrences of 'DirectorySlash' in httpd.conf, although I
tried
> it set to 'On' with no effect.
>
> If I access
> http://mysite
> The 'index.php' displays as expected.
>
> If I access
> http://mysite/TEST/
> The browser displays the expected .index.php'
>
> If I access
> http://mysite/TEST
> The browser (IE6) returns 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'
>
> Shouldn't mod_dir append a '/' after the 'TEST' in the url above with the
> result that TEST/index.html is displayed?
Just some thoughts:
- TEST is 'stolen' by some rewrite _before- mod_dir had a chance do its task
- TEST is an alias -or symlink- outside /proj/prp/www/htdocs, thus at least
the above directory block is out of scope
In either case the error_log will reveil the failing path mismatching
/proj/prp/www/htdocs

HansH

Report this message

#3: Re: mod_dir does not appear to be working

Posted on 2006-01-16 15:25:58 by Mark Williams

Hans,
Thanks for the suggestions, but they don't seem to have any affect:

> Just some thoughts:
> - TEST is 'stolen' by some rewrite _before- mod_dir had a chance do its
task

RewriteEngine is not on and all RewriteRules are currently commented out

> - TEST is an alias -or symlink- outside /proj/prp/www/htdocs, thus at
least
> the above directory block is out of scope

There are no symlinks that would affect TEST - in fact this problem occurs
no matter which directory under /proj/prp/www/htdocs is referenced
There are a few aliases defined in httpd.conf, but none of them refer to any
of the subdirectories I'm trying to access.

> In either case the error_log will reveil the failing path mismatching
> /proj/prp/www/htdocs

error_log is not showing me anything for the particular request. I'm
getting some action in access_log:
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:53:25 -0500] "GET /TEST HTTP/1.1" 301
394
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:53:31 -0500] "GET /TEST/ HTTP/1.1" 304 -
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:54:04 -0500] "GET /TEST/index.html
HTTP/1.1" 200 13
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:54:51 -0500] "GET /TEST HTTP/1.1" 301
394

Regards,
Mark

Report this message

#4: Re: mod_dir does not appear to be working

Posted on 2006-01-17 08:16:37 by HansH

"Mark Williams" schreef in bericht
news:W1Oyf.99925$ME5.73520@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I'm getting some action in access_log:
> aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:53:25 -0500] "GET /TEST HTTP/1.1" 301
> 394
301: that a redirect, but its location is NOT requested within the second
If your browser now shows 'Page Cannot Be Displayed', it probably shows
previous response from local cache, hiding any server-side changes you made.

> aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:53:31 -0500] "GET /TEST/ HTTP/1.1"
304 -
304: no update, your browser is caching ...

> aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:54:04 -0500] "GET /TEST/index.html
> HTTP/1.1" 200 13
200: OK served a static pae of 13 bytes

HansH

Report this message

#5: Re: mod_dir does not appear to be working

Posted on 2006-01-26 00:00:21 by ProgNut

Finally! -- I missed defining 'ServerName' in my httpd.conf - therefore
the redirects with mod_dir came up empty.

Thanks Hans (and others)

HansH wrote:
> "Mark Williams" schreef in bericht
> news:W1Oyf.99925$ME5.73520@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > I'm getting some action in access_log:
> > aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:53:25 -0500] "GET /TEST HTTP/1.1" 301
> > 394
> 301: that a redirect, but its location is NOT requested within the second
> If your browser now shows 'Page Cannot Be Displayed', it probably shows
> previous response from local cache, hiding any server-side changes you made.
>
> > aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:53:31 -0500] "GET /TEST/ HTTP/1.1"
> 304 -
> 304: no update, your browser is caching ...
>
> > aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [16/Jan/2006:08:54:04 -0500] "GET /TEST/index.html
> > HTTP/1.1" 200 13
> 200: OK served a static pae of 13 bytes
>
> HansH

Report this message