Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

www.xxx.con, DIRECT_SUBMISSION_MODIFIERS, base64 image to rtf, www. xxx.con, nmap shows kdm, WWW.XXXCON.POTOR, Www,xxx ,con, xxxcomwww, wwwxxx coRp, wwwxxx.v4

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: file not found with lcd command

Posted on 2006-04-24 06:00:01 by yamu_rhyme

Hi members,
When I execute ftp commands in cmd prompt(ftp>) my lcd command is
working fine and I can very well transfer my files from my machine to
server. Whereas, when i put the same commads in my asp file, its
showing file not found message. I'm writing all my ftp commands into a
..ftp file and executing the same. I've given to print all my result of
execution, in my browser.

It shows something like this,

ftp> Connected to myServerIP.
open myServerIP
220 bchndss04 Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
User (myServerIP:(none)):
331 Password required for myUsername.

230 User myUsername logged in.
ftp> ftp>
ftp> lcd C:\myFolder\TASK
\myFolder\TASK: File not found
cd /remotefolder/test
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> Interactive mode Off .
ftp> prompt
binary
200 Type set to I.
ftp> mput *.sql
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for instcat.sql.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 761625 bytes sent in 0.00Seconds 761625000.00Kbytes/sec.
ftp> bye
221


I'm facing problem in this line,

ftp> lcd C:\myFolder\TASK
\myFolder\TASK: File not found

Also, it has transferred instcat.sql from local drive of remote
machine.

But, I need to transfer from my machine(TASK folder contents- *.sql
files)
C:\myFolder\TASK.

When I execute the commands from here, what i've given, in ftp> mode,
it works well.
Can anybody solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Report this message

#2: Re: file not found with lcd command

Posted on 2006-04-24 07:06:21 by Barry Margolin

In article <1145851201.533826.213560@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
yamu_rhyme@yahoo.co.in wrote:

> Hi members,
> When I execute ftp commands in cmd prompt(ftp>) my lcd command is
> working fine and I can very well transfer my files from my machine to
> server. Whereas, when i put the same commads in my asp file, its
> showing file not found message. I'm writing all my ftp commands into a
> .ftp file and executing the same. I've given to print all my result of
> execution, in my browser.
>
> It shows something like this,
>
> ftp> Connected to myServerIP.
> open myServerIP
> 220 bchndss04 Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
> User (myServerIP:(none)):
> 331 Password required for myUsername.
>
> 230 User myUsername logged in.
> ftp> ftp>
> ftp> lcd C:\myFolder\TASK
> \myFolder\TASK: File not found

Since this looks like a Windows pathname, try asking in a Windows
newsgroup rather than Unix.

Why don't you just cd to the appropriate directory BEFORE starting up
ftp?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
*** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***

Report this message

#3: Re: file not found with lcd command

Posted on 2006-04-24 14:47:59 by yamu_rhyme

Hi Barry Margolin,
I tried using cd cmd before starting ftp commands, but as i'm
putting all cmds inside a ftp file, it is considering the cmd as ftp
cmd. No improvement.

Thanx.

Report this message

#4: Re: file not found with lcd command

Posted on 2006-04-25 03:38:36 by Barry Margolin

In article <1145882879.125242.278700@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
yamu_rhyme@yahoo.co.in wrote:

> Hi Barry Margolin,
> I tried using cd cmd before starting ftp commands, but as i'm
> putting all cmds inside a ftp file, it is considering the cmd as ftp
> cmd. No improvement.
>
> Thanx.

Don't put all the commands inside the ftp file. Use a script that runs
ftp, and put the cd in the script before starting ftp.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
*** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***

Report this message

#5: Re: file not found with lcd command

Posted on 2006-04-25 15:20:05 by yamu_rhyme

My problem is not with "cd" command. I'm getting problem with "lcd"
command.
I'm running an application from server in my machine. While uploading,
"lcd" commands needs to make use of my machine's directory, say
C:\myFolder.

But, it refers C:\ of server. So, lcd is working with same machine,
but different directories. But lcd of my machine, cd to remote machine
works fine when i enter into ftp mode from my machine. Hope u
understand my problem.

Report this message

#6: Re: file not found with lcd command

Posted on 2006-04-25 19:20:33 by Bill Marcum

On 25 Apr 2006 06:20:05 -0700, yamu_rhyme@yahoo.co.in
<yamu_rhyme@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> My problem is not with "cd" command. I'm getting problem with "lcd"
> command.

Barry's suggestion is that a "cd" command BEFORE starting ftp will have
the same effect that "lcd" should have. However, it still seems to
me that you should be asking for help in a Windows newsgroup.


--
Too much is not enough.

Report this message