Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at /usr/local/sbin/apxs line 86. , wwwxxx vim, mysql closing table and opening table, 800c5000, setgid operation not permitted, pciehp: acpi_pciehprm on IBM, WWWXXX.DBF, 078274121, info0a ip, should prodicers of software_based services be held liable or not liable for economic injuries

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Expression Web & FP extensions

Posted on 2007-03-08 21:29:49 by patrick

I have a Vista machine and have upgraded to Exression Web. I used to develop
my webpages on my machine with FP extensions so I could check everything
worked before uploading. Vista does not appear to support the FP Extensions
so I have lost this functionality.

Any way to get server functionality back please?
--
Pat Duffy

Report this message

#2: Re: Expression Web & FP extensions

Posted on 2007-03-08 21:36:23 by tarowe

The FP extensions are not supported under Vista.

Also Expression Web doesn't allow you to create new content based on a FP component, it only allows
you to manage already existing content based on a component already inserted in a page when open in
Expression Web.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com
==============================================


"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4E9BA905-25B4-49A1-80EE-E7C71063FF30@microsoft.com...
>I have a Vista machine and have upgraded to Exression Web. I used to develop
> my webpages on my machine with FP extensions so I could check everything
> worked before uploading. Vista does not appear to support the FP Extensions
> so I have lost this functionality.
>
> Any way to get server functionality back please?
> --
> Pat Duffy

Report this message

#3: Re: Expression Web & FP extensions

Posted on 2007-03-09 02:09:23 by patrick

So do I have to migrate away from FP extensions and disable the FP extensions
on my domain server?
--
Pat Duffy


"Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:

> The FP extensions are not supported under Vista.
>
> Also Expression Web doesn't allow you to create new content based on a FP component, it only allows
> you to manage already existing content based on a component already inserted in a page when open in
> Expression Web.
>
> --
> ==============================================
> Thomas A. Rowe
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>
> http://www.Ecom-Data.com
> ==============================================
>
>
> "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4E9BA905-25B4-49A1-80EE-E7C71063FF30@microsoft.com...
> >I have a Vista machine and have upgraded to Exression Web. I used to develop
> > my webpages on my machine with FP extensions so I could check everything
> > worked before uploading. Vista does not appear to support the FP Extensions
> > so I have lost this functionality.
> >
> > Any way to get server functionality back please?
> > --
> > Pat Duffy
>
>
>

Report this message

#4: Re: Expression Web & FP extensions

Posted on 2007-03-09 03:09:46 by Steve Easton

No.
EW will work just fine with extensions and pages you've already created that
use them,
including publishing using http://

You just can't create new pages and add features to them that require
extensions.

( well you can, but it takes a little trickery )


--

Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
FP Cleaner
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
Hit Me FP
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm

"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:77D4E063-EBA6-4451-A31F-D21E40E752FD@microsoft.com...
> So do I have to migrate away from FP extensions and disable the FP
> extensions
> on my domain server?
> --
> Pat Duffy
>
>
> "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
>
>> The FP extensions are not supported under Vista.
>>
>> Also Expression Web doesn't allow you to create new content based on a FP
>> component, it only allows
>> you to manage already existing content based on a component already
>> inserted in a page when open in
>> Expression Web.
>>
>> --
>> ==============================================
>> Thomas A. Rowe
>> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>>
>> http://www.Ecom-Data.com
>> ==============================================
>>
>>
>> "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4E9BA905-25B4-49A1-80EE-E7C71063FF30@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a Vista machine and have upgraded to Exression Web. I used to
>> >develop
>> > my webpages on my machine with FP extensions so I could check
>> > everything
>> > worked before uploading. Vista does not appear to support the FP
>> > Extensions
>> > so I have lost this functionality.
>> >
>> > Any way to get server functionality back please?
>> > --
>> > Pat Duffy
>>
>>
>>

Report this message