Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

sqldatasource dal, wwwxxxenden, convert raid5 to raid 10 mdadm, apache force chunked, nrao wwwxxx, xxxxxdup, procmail change subject header, wwwXxx not20, Wwwxxx.doks sas, linux raid resync after reboot

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Yahoo Mail and .mht files

Posted on 2008-04-04 02:47:03 by not_here.5.species8350

Hi,

Why can't I send .mht files as attachments in Yahoo Mail. I get an
error message and am told to remove and re-attach the attachments. I
always get this message when trying to attach .mht files.

Is there a way of sending these files using Yahoo Mail.

Thanks

Report this message

#2: Re: Yahoo Mail and .mht files

Posted on 2008-04-08 16:48:09 by Frank Slootweg

species8350 <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why can't I send .mht files as attachments in Yahoo Mail. I get an
> error message and am told to remove and re-attach the attachments. I
> always get this message when trying to attach .mht files.
>
> Is there a way of sending these files using Yahoo Mail.
>
> Thanks

FWIW, I could reproduce your problem.

As a workaround, I renamed the .mht file to .html, sent it and saved
the received attachment as .mht. That worked and may be a usable
workaround if the recepient is clueful enough to do this. BTW, sending
as .txt instead of .html is probably a little safer, after all the .mht
file is really a special format text file.

I hope this helps.

Report this message

#3: Re: Yahoo Mail and .mht files

Posted on 2008-04-09 13:24:57 by not_here.5.species8350

On Apr 8, 3:48=A0pm, Frank Slootweg <t...@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:
> species8350 <not_here.5.species8...@xoxy.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Why can't =A0I send .mht files as attachments in Yahoo Mail. I get an
> > error message and am told to remove and re-attach the attachments. I
> > always get this message when trying to attach .mht files.
>
> > Is there a way of sending these files using Yahoo Mail.
>
> > Thanks
>
> =A0 FWIW, I could reproduce your problem.
>
> =A0 As a workaround, I renamed the .mht file to .html, sent it and saved
> the received attachment as .mht. That worked and may be a usable
> workaround if the recepient is clueful enough to do this. BTW, sending
> as .txt instead of .html is probably a little safer, after all the .mht
> file is really a special format text file.
>
> =A0 I hope this helps.

Thanks for the information.

Seems that Yahoo mail does not like .mht. Any idea why?

When you saved as .mht. Did you have a .mht file, or a .htmlmht file?

Best wishes.

S.

Report this message

#4: Re: Yahoo Mail and .mht files

Posted on 2008-04-09 17:43:01 by Frank Slootweg

species8350 <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 3:48 pm, Frank Slootweg <t...@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:
> > species8350 <not_here.5.species8...@xoxy.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > Why can't  I send .mht files as attachments in Yahoo Mail. I get an
> > > error message and am told to remove and re-attach the attachments. I
> > > always get this message when trying to attach .mht files.
> >
> > > Is there a way of sending these files using Yahoo Mail.
> >
> > > Thanks
> >
> >   FWIW, I could reproduce your problem.
> >
> >   As a workaround, I renamed the .mht file to .html, sent it and saved
> > the received attachment as .mht. That worked and may be a usable
> > workaround if the recepient is clueful enough to do this. BTW, sending
> > as .txt instead of .html is probably a little safer, after all the .mht
> > file is really a special format text file.
> >
> >   I hope this helps.
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> Seems that Yahoo mail does not like .mht. Any idea why?

No, sorry.

> When you saved as .mht. Did you have a .mht file, or a .htmlmht file?

The original file was saved as .mht. Before attaching, I renamed (well
actually COPY-ed) it to a .html file, i.e. "copy file.mht file.html". I
the attached and sent the .html file. On the receiving side, I did a
"Save As..." (in Windows Mail, i.e. similar to Outlook Express) of the
attachment as a .mht file. The resulting .mht file displayed fine (in
Internet Explorer 7).

Report this message

#5: Re: Yahoo Mail and .mht files

Posted on 2008-04-13 13:07:51 by not_here.5.species8350

On Apr 9, 4:43=A0pm, Frank Slootweg <t...@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:
> species8350 <not_here.5.species8...@xoxy.net> wrote:
> > On Apr 8, 3:48=A0pm, Frank Slootweg <t...@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:
> > > species8350 <not_here.5.species8...@xoxy.net> wrote:
> > > > Hi,
>
> > > > Why can't =A0I send .mht files as attachments in Yahoo Mail. I get a=
n
> > > > error message and am told to remove and re-attach the attachments. I=

> > > > always get this message when trying to attach .mht files.
>
> > > > Is there a way of sending these files using Yahoo Mail.
>
> > > > Thanks
>
> > > =A0 FWIW, I could reproduce your problem.
>
> > > =A0 As a workaround, I renamed the .mht file to .html, sent it and sav=
ed
> > > the received attachment as .mht. That worked and may be a usable
> > > workaround if the recepient is clueful enough to do this. BTW, sending=

> > > as .txt instead of .html is probably a little safer, after all the .mh=
t
> > > file is really a special format text file.
>
> > > =A0 I hope this helps.
>
> > Thanks for the information.
>
> > Seems that Yahoo mail does not like .mht. Any idea why?
>
> =A0 No, sorry.
>
> > When you saved as .mht. Did you have a .mht file, or a .htmlmht file?
>
> =A0 The original file was saved as .mht. Before attaching, I renamed (well=

> actually COPY-ed) it to a .html file, i.e. "copy file.mht file.html". I
> the attached and sent the .html file. On the receiving side, I did a
> "Save As..." (in Windows Mail, i.e. similar to Outlook Express) of the
> attachment as a .mht file. The resulting .mht file displayed fine (in
> Internet Explorer 7).- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Thank you.

Best wishes.

Sp.

Report this message