Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at /usr/local/sbin/apxs line 86. , wwwxxx vim, mysql closing table and opening table, 800c5000, setgid operation not permitted, pciehp: acpi_pciehprm on IBM, WWWXXX.DBF, 078274121, info0a ip, should prodicers of software_based services be held liable or not liable for economic injuries

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: How to handle links (.lnk) on Windows

Posted on 2008-04-09 11:42:44 by Thomas Harding

The response is maybe obvious, but I didn=B4t found any resource on
that subject :\

So, how to handle Microsoft links (*.lnk) in Apache on Windows?

Thanks in advance,
--
Thomas Harding, mainly UNIX administratotr :)

Report this message

#2: Re: How to handle links (.lnk) on Windows

Posted on 2008-04-09 20:25:49 by Luuk

Thomas Harding schreef:
> The response is maybe obvious, but I didn´t found any resource on
> that subject :\
>
> So, how to handle Microsoft links (*.lnk) in Apache on Windows?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Thomas Harding, mainly UNIX administratotr :)

can you tell us what you want to do with these files?

i think you can do anything with it, as long as you dont mail them to me ;-)

--
Luuk

Report this message

#3: Re: How to handle links (.lnk) on Windows

Posted on 2008-04-09 21:24:24 by phantom

"Thomas Harding" <thomas.harding@laposte.net> wrote in message
news:dd6197c9-4595-43c5-a399-c7569026ec31@s33g2000pri.google groups.com...
> The response is maybe obvious, but I didn´t found any resource on
> that subject :\
>
> So, how to handle Microsoft links (*.lnk) in Apache on Windows?
>

If you want to use them like symbolic links in unix, i think the answer is
forget it.

Report this message

#4: Re: How to handle links (.lnk) on Windows

Posted on 2008-04-11 10:01:03 by Thomas Harding

On 9 avr, 20:25, Luuk <L...@invalid.lan> wrote:
> Thomas Harding schreef:
> > So, how to handle Microsoft links (*.lnk) in Apache on Windows?

> can you tell us what you want to do with these files?
>
> i think you can do anything with it, as long as you dont mail them to me ;-)

My goal ist o use the ".lnk" (Windows shortcuts files) as UNIX
symbolic links.

But someone tells here that it is noy possible.

Would be great if an apache module handles it...
--
TH

Report this message

#5: Re: How to handle links (.lnk) on Windows

Posted on 2008-04-11 13:30:52 by HansH

"Thomas Harding" <thomas.harding@laposte.net> schreef in bericht
news:5f8c200e-0f75-48dd-a240-0ac628eb7b7a@e39g2000hsf.google groups.com...
> On 9 avr, 20:25, Luuk <L...@invalid.lan> wrote:
>> Thomas Harding schreef:
>> > So, how to handle Microsoft links (*.lnk) in Apache on Windows?
>> can you tell us what you want to do with these files?
>
> My goal is to use the ".lnk" (Windows shortcuts files) as UNIX
> symbolic links.
>
> But someone tells here that it is noy possible.
Your refrased question would be:
How to create Unix like symlinks on Windows?

and is answered via
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link

> Would be great if an apache module handles it...
An enhancement to mpm_winnt would do fine, but
for folders Apache's alias directive does about it now.


HansH

Report this message