Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed, sed: -e expression #1, char 1: unterminated address regex, procmail + change subject, w2ksp4.exe download, /proc/kallsyms format, sqldatasource dal, wwwxxxenden, convert raid5 to raid 10 mdadm, apache force chunked, nrao wwwxxx

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: MySQL 5.0.51a and SHOW ENGINES

Posted on 2008-04-10 09:32:43 by Martijn Tonies

Hi,

It seems that SHOW ENGINES fails on MySQL 5.0.51a (community edition
checked).

Instead of returning the full data, the first two columns are cut off at 3
characters,
while the "comment" column is cut off at 26 characters.

Sample output:
# | Engine| Support| Comment
--+-------+--------+---------------------------
1| MyI | YES | Default engine as of MySQL
2| MEM | YES | Hash based, stored in memo
3| Inn | DEF | Supports transactions, row
--+-------+--------+---------------------------
4| Ber | NO | Supports transactions and
5| BLA | YES | /dev/null storage engine (
6| EXA | YES | Example storage engine
--+-------+--------+---------------------------
7| ARC | YES | Archive storage engine
8| CSV | NO | CSV storage engine
9| ndb | NO | Clustered, fault-tolerant,
--+-------+--------+---------------------------
10| FED | YES | Federated MySQL storage en
11| MRG | YES | Collection of identical My
12| ISA | NO | Obsolete storage engine

As you can see, this is wrong and my application fails properly
fetching info about the available storage engines.

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle &
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
Database development questions? Check the forum!
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com


--
MySQL Internals Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/internals
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/internals?unsub=gcdmd-internals@m.gma ne.org

Report this message

#2: Re: MySQL 5.0.51a and SHOW ENGINES

Posted on 2008-04-10 09:35:44 by Martijn Tonies

Sorry, a bit too hasty --

It seems to work fine in the command line client!

Has the wire protocol changed somehow?

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle &
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
Database development questions? Check the forum!
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com


> Hi,
>
> It seems that SHOW ENGINES fails on MySQL 5.0.51a (community edition
> checked).
>
> Instead of returning the full data, the first two columns are cut off at 3
> characters,
> while the "comment" column is cut off at 26 characters.
>
> Sample output:
> # | Engine| Support| Comment
> --+-------+--------+---------------------------
> 1| MyI | YES | Default engine as of MySQL
> 2| MEM | YES | Hash based, stored in memo
> 3| Inn | DEF | Supports transactions, row
> --+-------+--------+---------------------------
> 4| Ber | NO | Supports transactions and
> 5| BLA | YES | /dev/null storage engine (
> 6| EXA | YES | Example storage engine
> --+-------+--------+---------------------------
> 7| ARC | YES | Archive storage engine
> 8| CSV | NO | CSV storage engine
> 9| ndb | NO | Clustered, fault-tolerant,
> --+-------+--------+---------------------------
> 10| FED | YES | Federated MySQL storage en
> 11| MRG | YES | Collection of identical My
> 12| ISA | NO | Obsolete storage engine
>
> As you can see, this is wrong and my application fails properly
> fetching info about the available storage engines.
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle
&
> MS SQL Server
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> My thoughts:
> http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
> Database development questions? Check the forum!
> http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
>
>
> --
> MySQL General Mailing List
> For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
> To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=m.tonies@upscene.com
>


--
MySQL Internals Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/internals
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/internals?unsub=gcdmd-internals@m.gma ne.org

Report this message

#3: Re: MySQL 5.0.51a and SHOW ENGINES

Posted on 2008-04-10 17:38:20 by Jim Winstead

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 09:32:43AM +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
> It seems that SHOW ENGINES fails on MySQL 5.0.51a (community edition
> checked).
>
> Instead of returning the full data, the first two columns are cut off at 3
> characters,
> while the "comment" column is cut off at 26 characters.

sounds like you are using the wrong value for the length of a utf8
field, where the number of characters is being divided by the max
character length. (10 / 3 = 3, 80 / 3 = 26)

or it could be the server returning the wrong length. use "mysql
--column-type-info" to see what it is returning.

jim

--
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=gcdmg-mysql-2@m.gmane.org

Report this message

#4: Re: MySQL 5.0.51a and SHOW ENGINES

Posted on 2008-04-11 08:54:26 by Martijn Tonies

Hello Jim,


> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 09:32:43AM +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
> > It seems that SHOW ENGINES fails on MySQL 5.0.51a (community edition
> > checked).
> >
> > Instead of returning the full data, the first two columns are cut off at
3
> > characters,
> > while the "comment" column is cut off at 26 characters.
>
> sounds like you are using the wrong value for the length of a utf8
> field, where the number of characters is being divided by the max
> character length. (10 / 3 = 3, 80 / 3 = 26)
>
> or it could be the server returning the wrong length. use "mysql
> --column-type-info" to see what it is returning.

That doesn't work with 5.0 as far as I can tell.

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle &
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
Database development questions? Check the forum!
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com


--
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=gcdmg-mysql-2@m.gmane.org

Report this message

#5: Re: MySQL 5.0.51a and SHOW ENGINES

Posted on 2008-04-16 20:57:01 by Jim Winstead

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 08:54:26AM +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
>
> > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 09:32:43AM +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
> > > It seems that SHOW ENGINES fails on MySQL 5.0.51a (community edition
> > > checked).
> > >
> > > Instead of returning the full data, the first two columns are cut off at
> 3
> > > characters,
> > > while the "comment" column is cut off at 26 characters.
> >
> > sounds like you are using the wrong value for the length of a utf8
> > field, where the number of characters is being divided by the max
> > character length. (10 / 3 = 3, 80 / 3 = 26)
> >
> > or it could be the server returning the wrong length. use "mysql
> > --column-type-info" to see what it is returning.
>
> That doesn't work with 5.0 as far as I can tell.

sorry, i think --column-type-info is new in 5.1. you can get the same
effect using -T with 5.0, i believe.

jim

--
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=gcdmg-mysql-2@m.gmane.org

Report this message

#6: Re: MySQL 5.0.51a and SHOW ENGINES

Posted on 2008-04-17 00:19:47 by Paul DuBois

At 2:57 PM -0400 4/16/08, Jim Winstead wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 08:54:26AM +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
>> Hello Jim,
>>
>>
>> > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 09:32:43AM +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
>> > > It seems that SHOW ENGINES fails on MySQL 5.0.51a (community edition
>> > > checked).
>> > >
>> > > Instead of returning the full data, the first two columns are cut off at
>> 3
>> > > characters,
>> > > while the "comment" column is cut off at 26 characters.
>> >
>> > sounds like you are using the wrong value for the length of a utf8
>> > field, where the number of characters is being divided by the max
>> > character length. (10 / 3 = 3, 80 / 3 = 26)
>> >
>> > or it could be the server returning the wrong length. use "mysql
>> > --column-type-info" to see what it is returning.
>>
>> That doesn't work with 5.0 as far as I can tell.
>
>sorry, i think --column-type-info is new in 5.1. you can get the same
>effect using -T with 5.0, i believe.

RIght:

"--column-type-info, -m
Display result set metadata. This option was added in MySQL 5.1.14.
(Before that, use --debug-info.) The -m short option was added in
MySQL 5.1.21."

"--debug-info, -T

Before MySQL 5.1.14, this option prints debugging information and
memory and CPU usage statistics when the program exits, and also
causes display of result set metadata during execution. As of MySQL
5.1.14, use --column-type-info to display result set metadata."

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-command-options .html

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

--
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=gcdmg-mysql-2@m.gmane.org

Report this message

#7: Re: MySQL 5.0.51a and SHOW ENGINES

Posted on 2008-04-17 09:43:41 by Martijn Tonies

Hello Jim,

> > > sounds like you are using the wrong value for the length of a utf8
> > > field, where the number of characters is being divided by the max
> > > character length. (10 / 3 = 3, 80 / 3 = 26)
> > >
> > > or it could be the server returning the wrong length. use "mysql
> > > --column-type-info" to see what it is returning.
> >
> > That doesn't work with 5.0 as far as I can tell.
>
> sorry, i think --column-type-info is new in 5.1. you can get the same
> effect using -T with 5.0, i believe.

Thanks for the suggestion but the issue has been fixed for me.

I reported it to the vendor that created the Delphi component-set to
use MySQL and they supplied me with a fix. Apparently, "something"
has changed between 5.0.45 and 5.0.51 that made their code fail,
but it's all good now.

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - development tool for MySQL, and more!
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
Database development questions? Check the forum!
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

--
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=gcdmg-mysql-2@m.gmane.org

Report this message