Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

078274121, info0a ip, should prodicers of software_based services be held liable or not liable for economic injuries, should producers of soft ware based services such as ATMs be held liable for economic injuries suffered when their systems fail?, nisc wwwxxx, wwwxxx0cm, should producers of software-based services, such as atms, be held liable for economic injuries suffered when their systems fail?, wwwxxx0cm, www.webdp.net, Event 9 IIS log failed to write entry

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: getopt long

Posted on 2008-04-13 15:50:38 by Michael Ellery

I've been under the impression that Getopt::Long is included with most
(if not all) distributions of perl. Recently I've encountered a few
Activestate versions that don't seem to have it installed. What the
current policy with this package - is it included? As of which version
did it become standard?

Thanks,
Mike Ellery

_______________________________________________
ActivePerl mailing list
ActivePerl@listserv.ActiveState.com
To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs

Report this message

#2: Re: getopt long

Posted on 2008-04-13 18:42:54 by Michael Ellery

Michael Ellery wrote:
> I've been under the impression that Getopt::Long is included with most
> (if not all) distributions of perl. Recently I've encountered a few
> Activestate versions that don't seem to have it installed. What the
> current policy with this package - is it included? As of which version
> did it become standard?
>

...and it gets worse. For those versions that seem to have Getopt::Long
but that don't have the minimum version I require (2.36), I've tried
installing the latest (using ppm), but at runtime perl always loads the
"builtin" version and not my upgraded version in site/lib. Any ideas
how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Mike Ellery

_______________________________________________
ActivePerl mailing list
ActivePerl@listserv.ActiveState.com
To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs

Report this message

#3: Re: getopt long

Posted on 2008-04-14 00:57:26 by Bill Luebkert

Michael Ellery wrote:
> Michael Ellery wrote:
>> I've been under the impression that Getopt::Long is included with most
>> (if not all) distributions of perl. Recently I've encountered a few
>> Activestate versions that don't seem to have it installed. What the
>> current policy with this package - is it included? As of which version
>> did it become standard?
>>
>
> ..and it gets worse. For those versions that seem to have Getopt::Long
> but that don't have the minimum version I require (2.36), I've tried
> installing the latest (using ppm), but at runtime perl always loads the
> "builtin" version and not my upgraded version in site/lib. Any ideas
> how I can fix this?

I have version 2.37 in my site/lib (not sure if that's usable or not).

Try posting the output of this script:

use strict;
use warnings;
use Getopt::Long;

print "$_\n" foreach @INC; print "\n";

print "$_ => $INC{$_}\n" foreach keys %INC;

__END__
_______________________________________________
ActivePerl mailing list
ActivePerl@listserv.ActiveState.com
To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs

Report this message

#4: Re: getopt long

Posted on 2008-04-14 05:31:29 by Michael Ellery

Bill Luebkert wrote:
> Michael Ellery wrote:
>> Michael Ellery wrote:
>>> I've been under the impression that Getopt::Long is included with
>>> most (if not all) distributions of perl. Recently I've encountered a
>>> few Activestate versions that don't seem to have it installed. What
>>> the current policy with this package - is it included? As of which
>>> version did it become standard?
>>>
>>
>> ..and it gets worse. For those versions that seem to have
>> Getopt::Long but that don't have the minimum version I require (2.36),
>> I've tried installing the latest (using ppm), but at runtime perl
>> always loads the "builtin" version and not my upgraded version in
>> site/lib. Any ideas how I can fix this?
>
> I have version 2.37 in my site/lib (not sure if that's usable or not).
>
> Try posting the output of this script:
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
> use Getopt::Long;
>
> print "$_\n" foreach @INC; print "\n";
>
> print "$_ => $INC{$_}\n" foreach keys %INC;
>
> __END__
>
>

OUTPUT from a 5.8.7 installation:

C:\Documents and Settings\testuser.S2TECH>perl
//s2server1/infrastructure/libpath.pl
C:/Perl/lib
C:/Perl/site/lib
..

warnings/register.pm => C:/Perl/lib/warnings/register.pm
Carp.pm => C:/Perl/lib/Carp.pm
warnings.pm => C:/Perl/lib/warnings.pm
Exporter/Heavy.pm => C:/Perl/lib/Exporter/Heavy.pm
vars.pm => C:/Perl/lib/vars.pm
Exporter.pm => C:/Perl/lib/Exporter.pm
strict.pm => C:/Perl/lib/strict.pm
constant.pm => C:/Perl/lib/constant.pm
Getopt/Long.pm => C:/Perl/lib/Getopt/Long.pm

My local 5.8.8 installation works fine because it appears to have 2.37
"built-in", so I never had to install or upgrade. Older distributions
seem to have either not Getopt::Long or an antiquated version (I'm
relying on a function in 2.36+).

Thanks,
Mike

_______________________________________________
ActivePerl mailing list
ActivePerl@listserv.ActiveState.com
To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs

Report this message

#5: Re: getopt long

Posted on 2008-04-14 08:13:15 by Bill Luebkert

Michael Ellery wrote:
>
> OUTPUT from a 5.8.7 installation:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\testuser.S2TECH>perl
> //s2server1/infrastructure/libpath.pl
> C:/Perl/lib
> C:/Perl/site/lib
> .

That's not right - site/lib should come before lib to pick up
the later modules first from the site tree. perl -V should
also show @INC reversed from what you have there. If you
can't find anything obvious - consider reinstalling it.

> warnings/register.pm => C:/Perl/lib/warnings/register.pm
> Carp.pm => C:/Perl/lib/Carp.pm
> warnings.pm => C:/Perl/lib/warnings.pm
> Exporter/Heavy.pm => C:/Perl/lib/Exporter/Heavy.pm
> vars.pm => C:/Perl/lib/vars.pm
> Exporter.pm => C:/Perl/lib/Exporter.pm
> strict.pm => C:/Perl/lib/strict.pm
> constant.pm => C:/Perl/lib/constant.pm
> Getopt/Long.pm => C:/Perl/lib/Getopt/Long.pm
>
> My local 5.8.8 installation works fine because it appears to have 2.37
> "built-in", so I never had to install or upgrade. Older distributions
> seem to have either not Getopt::Long or an antiquated version (I'm
> relying on a function in 2.36+).

It probably has site/lib first like it should be.
_______________________________________________
ActivePerl mailing list
ActivePerl@listserv.ActiveState.com
To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs

Report this message