Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at /usr/local/sbin/apxs line 86. , wwwxxx vim, mysql closing table and opening table, 800c5000, setgid operation not permitted, pciehp: acpi_pciehprm on IBM, WWWXXX.DBF, 078274121, info0a ip, should prodicers of software_based services be held liable or not liable for economic injuries

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: IE7 rewrites URL

Posted on 2008-04-15 19:53:55 by souporpower

We are experiencing the following scenario intermittently on our
apache powered web site.

Some users with Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) are getting redirected from
http://www.e-xyz.com to http://e-xyz.com.

This doesn't seem to be a browser hijack exploit.

After the URL gets redirected they get invalid certificate error as
the security certificate is issued for www.e-xyz.com.

Has anyone any clue why it might happen?

Thanks

Report this message

#2: Re: IE7 rewrites URL

Posted on 2008-04-15 20:20:26 by Luuk

souporpower@gmail.com schreef:
> We are experiencing the following scenario intermittently on our
> apache powered web site.
>
> Some users with Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) are getting redirected from
> http://www.e-xyz.com to http://e-xyz.com.
>
> This doesn't seem to be a browser hijack exploit.
>
> After the URL gets redirected they get invalid certificate error as
> the security certificate is issued for www.e-xyz.com.
>
> Has anyone any clue why it might happen?
>
> Thanks

no, because http://www.e-xyz.com perfectly redirects to
http://www.yahoo.co.jp/

--
Luuk

Report this message

#3: Re: IE7 rewrites URL

Posted on 2008-04-15 20:34:28 by souporpower

On Apr 15, 2:20=A0pm, Luuk <L...@invalid.lan> wrote:
> souporpo...@gmail.com schreef:
>
> > We are experiencing the following scenario intermittently on our
> > apache powered web site.
>
> > Some users with Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) are getting redirected from
> >http://www.e-xyz.comtohttp://e-xyz.com.
>
> > This doesn't seem to be a browser hijack exploit.
>
> > After the URL gets redirected they get invalid certificate error as
> > the security certificate is issued forwww.e-xyz.com.
>
> > Has anyone any clue why it might happen?
>
> > Thanks
>
> no, becausehttp://www.e-xyz.comperfectly redirects tohttp://www.yahoo.co.j=
p/
>
> --
> Luuk

Sorry, thought I was using a fake domain. But the post was still
relevant in the sense why would http://www.abcdefxyz.com redirect to
http://abcdefxyz.com?

Thanks

Report this message

#4: Re: IE7 rewrites URL

Posted on 2008-04-15 21:28:22 by HansH

<souporpower@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:84019bea-a878-4904-a1ae-cce7069026a7@w5g2000prd.googleg roups.com...
>
> no, becausehttp://www.e-xyz.comperfectly redirects
> tohttp://www.yahoo.co.jp/
>
Sorry, thought I was using a fake domain. But the post was still
relevant in the sense why would http://www.abcdefxyz.com redirect to
http://abcdefxyz.com?

There might be 1001 ( that's decimal) reasons ...
To have anyone discriminate the ONE valid you have to expose the real site
name...

HansH

Report this message

#5: Re: IE7 rewrites URL

Posted on 2008-04-15 21:32:09 by Luuk

souporpower@gmail.com schreef:
> On Apr 15, 2:20 pm, Luuk <L...@invalid.lan> wrote:
>> souporpo...@gmail.com schreef:
>>
>>> We are experiencing the following scenario intermittently on our
>>> apache powered web site.
>>> Some users with Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) are getting redirected from
>>> http://www.e-xyz.comtohttp://e-xyz.com.
>>> This doesn't seem to be a browser hijack exploit.
>>> After the URL gets redirected they get invalid certificate error as
>>> the security certificate is issued forwww.e-xyz.com.
>>> Has anyone any clue why it might happen?
>>> Thanks
>> no, becausehttp://www.e-xyz.comperfectly redirects tohttp://www.yahoo.co.jp/
>>
>> --
>> Luuk
>
> Sorry, thought I was using a fake domain. But the post was still
> relevant in the sense why would http://www.abcdefxyz.com redirect to
> http://abcdefxyz.com?
>
> Thanks

this depends on how the web-server (apache) is configured.
(i think 'ServerName' in httpd.conf ?)

but 'normally' you better use example.com as an example (or fake) domain ;-)

--
Luuk

Report this message

#6: Re: IE7 rewrites URL

Posted on 2008-04-15 23:12:03 by spam

"Luuk" <Luuk@invalid.lan> wrote in message
news:388fd5-j0v.ln1@a62-251-88-195.adsl.xs4all.nl...
> souporpower@gmail.com schreef:
> > We are experiencing the following scenario intermittently on our
> > apache powered web site.
> >
> > Some users with Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) are getting redirected from
> > http://www.e-xyz.com to http://e-xyz.com.
> >
> > This doesn't seem to be a browser hijack exploit.
> >
> > After the URL gets redirected they get invalid certificate error as
> > the security certificate is issued for www.e-xyz.com.
> >
> > Has anyone any clue why it might happen?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> no, because http://www.e-xyz.com perfectly redirects to
> http://www.yahoo.co.jp/

That's what I'm seeing also.

Report this message

#7: Re: IE7 rewrites URL

Posted on 2008-04-16 14:43:25 by souporpower

On Apr 15, 3:32=A0pm, Luuk <L...@invalid.lan> wrote:
> souporpo...@gmail.com schreef:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Apr 15, 2:20 pm, Luuk <L...@invalid.lan> wrote:
> >> souporpo...@gmail.com schreef:
>
> >>> We are experiencing the following scenario intermittently on our
> >>> apache powered web site.
> >>> Some users with Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) are getting redirected from
> >>>http://www.e-xyz.comtohttp://e-xyz.com.
> >>> This doesn't seem to be a browser hijack exploit.
> >>> After the URL gets redirected they get invalid certificate error as
> >>> the security certificate is issued forwww.e-xyz.com.
> >>> Has anyone any clue why it might happen?
> >>> Thanks
> >> no, becausehttp://www.e-xyz.comperfectlyredirects tohttp://www.yahoo.co=
..jp/
>
> >> --
> >> Luuk
>
> > Sorry, thought I was using a fake domain. But the post was still
> > relevant in the sense why wouldhttp://www.abcdefxyz.comredirect to
> >http://abcdefxyz.com?
>
> > Thanks
>
> this depends on how the web-server (apache) is configured.
> (i think 'ServerName' in httpd.conf ?)
>
> but 'normally' you better use example.com as an example (or fake) domain ;=
-)
>
> --
> Luuk- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

I was able to recreate the error by adding an entry to the Windows
hosts file without the www prefix. Looks like apache is squeaky
perfect.

Thanks for your kind help.

Report this message