Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

w2ksp4.exe, WwwxxXdbf, procmail "FROM_MAILER" patch, Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at /usr/local/sbin/apxs line 86. , wwwxxx vim, mysql closing table and opening table, 800c5000, setgid operation not permitted, pciehp: acpi_pciehprm on IBM, WWWXXX.DBF

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: How to redirect multiple website

Posted on 2008-04-16 16:21:01 by MohammadSNajdawi

Hi guys,

I have one virtual directory with multiple Host Headers, I need to redirect
all these URL's to one domain Name, I mean If a user entered any of the url's
I need him to be redirected to one of the URL's.

Thanks in advance,
MSN

Report this message

#2: Re: How to redirect multiple websites URLÂ’s to one

Posted on 2008-04-16 16:56:38 by Daniel Crichton

Mohammad wrote on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:21:01 -0700:

> Hi guys,

> I have one virtual directory with multiple Host Headers, I need to
> redirect all these URL's to one domain Name, I mean If a user entered
> any of the url's
> I need him to be redirected to one of the URL's.

> Thanks in advance,
> MSN


If you mean you have a site with multiple host headers (you can't put host
headers on a virtual directory, only a site), then the way I handle this is
to create another site and put all the host headers on there that I wanted
redirected from, and only the one I want to redirect to on the site itself.
Then go to the "Home directory" tab in the site properties for the new site
that will redirect, and pick "A redirection to a URL" at the top. In the
Redirect to box type:

http://www.domain.com$S$Q

where www.domain.com is the host header you always want to redirect to. The
$S and $Q parts ensure that additional path and querystring data is also
passed, eg.

www.otherdomain.com/mypage.asp?id=1

will redirect to

www.domain.com/mypages.asp?id=1

if you don't want the request details to be redirected, just leave off the
$S$Q

Then tick the "The exact URL entered above" in the options just below this
box, and that's it. Requests to URLs for host headers assigned to this site
will now redirect to the other site.

I currently have 5 public sites, each with a redirect site (so a total of 10
sites on the server) with alternate spellings of the domain.

--
Dan

Report this message

#3: Re: How to redirect multiple web

Posted on 2008-04-16 17:15:02 by MohammadSNajdawi

sorry Daniel, but am not understanding the $S$Q, could you please explain in
more details..

thanks alot

"Daniel Crichton" wrote:

> Mohammad wrote on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:21:01 -0700:
>
> > Hi guys,
>
> > I have one virtual directory with multiple Host Headers, I need to
> > redirect all these URL's to one domain Name, I mean If a user entered
> > any of the url's
> > I need him to be redirected to one of the URL's.
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > MSN
>
>
> If you mean you have a site with multiple host headers (you can't put host
> headers on a virtual directory, only a site), then the way I handle this is
> to create another site and put all the host headers on there that I wanted
> redirected from, and only the one I want to redirect to on the site itself.
> Then go to the "Home directory" tab in the site properties for the new site
> that will redirect, and pick "A redirection to a URL" at the top. In the
> Redirect to box type:
>
> http://www.domain.com$S$Q
>
> where www.domain.com is the host header you always want to redirect to. The
> $S and $Q parts ensure that additional path and querystring data is also
> passed, eg.
>
> www.otherdomain.com/mypage.asp?id=1
>
> will redirect to
>
> www.domain.com/mypages.asp?id=1
>
> if you don't want the request details to be redirected, just leave off the
> $S$Q
>
> Then tick the "The exact URL entered above" in the options just below this
> box, and that's it. Requests to URLs for host headers assigned to this site
> will now redirect to the other site.
>
> I currently have 5 public sites, each with a redirect site (so a total of 10
> sites on the server) with alternate spellings of the domain.
>
> --
> Dan
>
>
>

Report this message

#4: Re: How to redirect multiple websites URLÂ’s to one

Posted on 2008-04-17 10:32:54 by Daniel Crichton

It's all explained here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer20 03/Library/IIS/41c238b2-1188-488f-bf2d-464383b1bb08.mspx?mfr =true


Dan


Mohammad wrote on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:15:02 -0700:

> sorry Daniel, but am not understanding the $S$Q, could you please
> explain in more details..

> thanks alot

> "Daniel Crichton" wrote:

>> Mohammad wrote on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:21:01 -0700:

>>> Hi guys,

>>> I have one virtual directory with multiple Host Headers, I need to
>>> redirect all these URL's to one domain Name, I mean If a user
>>> entered any of the url's
>>> I need him to be redirected to one of the URL's.

>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> MSN


>> If you mean you have a site with multiple host headers (you can't put
>> host headers on a virtual directory, only a site), then the way I
>> handle this is to create another site and put all the host headers
>> on there that I wanted redirected from, and only the one I want to
>> redirect to on the site itself.
>> Then go to the "Home directory" tab in the site properties for the
>> new site that will redirect, and pick "A redirection to a URL" at
>> the top. In the
>> Redirect to box type:

>> http://www.domain.com$S$Q

>> where www.domain.com is the host header you always want to redirect
>> to. The $S and $Q parts ensure that additional path and querystring
>> data is also passed, eg.

>> www.otherdomain.com/mypage.asp?id=1

>> will redirect to

>> www.domain.com/mypages.asp?id=1

>> if you don't want the request details to be redirected, just leave
>> off the $S$Q

>> Then tick the "The exact URL entered above" in the options just below
>> this box, and that's it. Requests to URLs for host headers assigned
>> to this site will now redirect to the other site.

>> I currently have 5 public sites, each with a redirect site (so a
>> total of 10 sites on the server) with alternate spellings of the
>> domain.

>> --
>> Dan

Report this message