Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

w2ksp4.exe, WwwxxXdbf, procmail "FROM_MAILER" patch, Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at /usr/local/sbin/apxs line 86. , wwwxxx vim, mysql closing table and opening table, 800c5000, setgid operation not permitted, pciehp: acpi_pciehprm on IBM, WWWXXX.DBF

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Custom Modules For IIS7 - Developed with IIS 5.1 (ASP.NET)

Posted on 2008-04-18 02:18:13 by Peter Schwartz

I am starting a new project (ASP.NET 3.5) that will require at least one
custom HTTP module. My two development computers are running 32-bit XP
Pro/SP2, but I plan to reimage with Vista (already have it ready to be
installed). My preference would be to NOT switch to Vista quite yet, but
continue the project with my XP Pro systems.

Is it possible or reasonable to proceed with developing the custom HTTP
module(s) with my XP Pro system (IIS 5.1) and expect that they will work
just fine with IIS7 - and with no changes - when I upgrade to Vista? Or do I
really need to switch to Vista before developing these custom HTTP modules?

One module will implement a custom authentication scheme. Another will load
an assembly into a separate app domain, execute some code, marshal the
results back, stick them into the ASP.NET application state, and then kill
that separate app domain.

Thanks.

Report this message

#2: Re: Custom Modules For IIS7 - Developed with IIS 5.1 (ASP.NET)

Posted on 2008-04-18 11:24:52 by David Wang

I started writing a little essay on this, so I captured it on my blog.
About time I resumed blogging again.

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2008/04/18/choice-o f-development-pl=
atform-for-iis-modules.aspx


//David
http://w3-4u.blogspot.com
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//



On Apr 17, 5:18=A0pm, "Jordan S." <A...@B.com> wrote:
> I am starting a new project (ASP.NET 3.5) that will require at least one
> custom HTTP module. My two development computers are running 32-bit XP
> Pro/SP2, but I plan to reimage with Vista (already have it ready to be
> installed). My preference would be to NOT switch to Vista quite yet, but
> continue the project with my XP Pro systems.
>
> Is it possible or reasonable to proceed with developing the custom HTTP
> module(s) with my XP Pro system (IIS 5.1) and expect that they will work
> just fine with IIS7 - and with no changes - when I upgrade to Vista? Or do=
I
> really need to switch to Vista before developing these custom HTTP modules=
?
>
> One module will implement a custom authentication scheme. Another will loa=
d
> an assembly into a separate app domain, execute some code, marshal the
> results back, stick them into the ASP.NET application state, and then kill=

> that separate app domain.
>
> Thanks.

Report this message

#3: Re: Custom Modules For IIS7 - Developed with IIS 5.1 (ASP.NET)

Posted on 2008-04-18 16:21:06 by Peter Schwartz

Thanks for the response David... unfortunately the link is dead... no page
comes back when I go to that link.

-J



"David Wang" <w3.4you@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:0ad84680-cc44-48a0-b7b0-34d2c42fc2d5@s50g2000hsb.google groups.com...
I started writing a little essay on this, so I captured it on my blog.
About time I resumed blogging again.

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2008/04/18/choice-o f-development-platform-for-iis-modules.aspx

<snip>

Report this message

#4: Re: Custom Modules For IIS7 - Developed with IIS 5.1 (ASP.NET)

Posted on 2008-04-18 17:47:08 by Peter Schwartz

Nevermind - apparently ALL of blogs.msdn.com was down this morning. I can
now access your blog entry:

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2008/04/18/choice-o f-development-platform-for-iis-modules.aspx

Thanks!

-J


<unfortunately the link is dead...
>
> -J
>
>
>
> "David Wang" <w3.4you@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:0ad84680-cc44-48a0-b7b0-34d2c42fc2d5@s50g2000hsb.google groups.com...
> I started writing a little essay on this, so I captured it on my blog.
> About time I resumed blogging again.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2008/04/18/choice-o f-development-platform-for-iis-modules.aspx
>
> <snip>
>
>
>
>

Report this message