Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

sqldatasource dal, wwwxxxenden, convert raid5 to raid 10 mdadm, apache force chunked, nrao wwwxxx, xxxxxdup, procmail change subject header, wwwXxx not20, Wwwxxx.doks sas, linux raid resync after reboot

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Embeding a video file

Posted on 2008-04-23 03:51:00 by twunders

I have tried to embed a video file in my frontpage 2003 program, I have tried
so many different file formats like .exe, .asf, mpeg1, and every other file
format I can think of, but no-one can view it.

What can I do?

Report this message

#2: Re: Embeding a video file

Posted on 2008-04-23 15:20:27 by Mike Mueller

URL?

The MPG & ASF should be fine, the EXE is a no no.



"twunders" <twunders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7C1E1607-28A8-4C4E-94B9-8E738F09D8CA@microsoft.com...
>I have tried to embed a video file in my frontpage 2003 program, I have
>tried
> so many different file formats like .exe, .asf, mpeg1, and every other
> file
> format I can think of, but no-one can view it.
>
> What can I do?

Report this message

#3: Re: Embeding a video file

Posted on 2008-04-23 23:32:01 by twunders

My Url is www.robinhoodpress.com I took the file out because it wasn't
working. I have a pic of my son and i tried to hiper link it to the .asf
file, when that didn't work, i went to the insert menu, clicked on embed
video .... nothing i tried worked.
Maybe it just doesn't work viewing it from my computer. Like i said .asf,
..mpge1, .avi, nothing.

Thank you for you help.

should i put it back up so you can see if it works from your computer?

Just a side question, why is .exe a no-no?

"Mike Mueller" wrote:

> URL?
>
> The MPG & ASF should be fine, the EXE is a no no.
>
>
>
> "twunders" <twunders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7C1E1607-28A8-4C4E-94B9-8E738F09D8CA@microsoft.com...
> >I have tried to embed a video file in my frontpage 2003 program, I have
> >tried
> > so many different file formats like .exe, .asf, mpeg1, and every other
> > file
> > format I can think of, but no-one can view it.
> >
> > What can I do?
>

Report this message

#4: Re: Embeding a video file

Posted on 2008-04-24 15:41:06 by Mike Mueller

No one in their right mind will launch an EXEcutable file on someone's web
site- too high of a security risk.

Embedding a file is easy:
<object type="video/x-ms-asf" data=http://www.domain.com/video-name.asf
width="320" height="305">
<param name="src" value="http://www.domain.com/video-name.asf">
<param name="autostart" value="true">
</object>



"twunders" <twunders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:11267D96-3EA8-46EC-94CA-DE4739C8C387@microsoft.com...
> My Url is www.robinhoodpress.com I took the file out because it wasn't
> working. I have a pic of my son and i tried to hiper link it to the .asf
> file, when that didn't work, i went to the insert menu, clicked on embed
> video .... nothing i tried worked.
> Maybe it just doesn't work viewing it from my computer. Like i said .asf,
> .mpge1, .avi, nothing.
>
> Thank you for you help.
>
> should i put it back up so you can see if it works from your computer?
>
> Just a side question, why is .exe a no-no?
>
> "Mike Mueller" wrote:
>
>> URL?
>>
>> The MPG & ASF should be fine, the EXE is a no no.
>>
>>
>>
>> "twunders" <twunders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7C1E1607-28A8-4C4E-94B9-8E738F09D8CA@microsoft.com...
>> >I have tried to embed a video file in my frontpage 2003 program, I have
>> >tried
>> > so many different file formats like .exe, .asf, mpeg1, and every other
>> > file
>> > format I can think of, but no-one can view it.
>> >
>> > What can I do?
>>

Report this message