Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

/proc/kallsyms format, sqldatasource dal, wwwxxxenden, convert raid5 to raid 10 mdadm, apache force chunked, nrao wwwxxx, xxxxxdup, procmail change subject header, wwwXxx not20, Wwwxxx.doks sas

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Lock File Problem - 2007

Posted on 2008-04-23 21:58:11 by johnvon

I'm working on an Access 2007 db, and we are unable to modify db
objects, as it says other users are logged in. There is no one logged
in, although the lock file shows 3-4 users. Any suggestions on
correcting this?

John

Report this message

#2: Re: Lock File Problem - 2007

Posted on 2008-04-23 22:44:51 by timmg

On Apr 23, 2:58=A0pm, johnv...@earthlink.net wrote:
> I'm working on an Access 2007 db, and we are unable to modify db
> objects, as it says other users are logged in. There is no one logged
> in, although the lock file shows 3-4 users. Any suggestions on
> correcting this?
>
> John

Could you have multiple instances of Access running? That's my
favorite gotcha.

I use the following code on a form with a listbox lboconnections and
buttons to close and refresh. A nice way to see which machine in
using the system.

Private Sub ListConnections()
Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
Dim strComputerName As String

Set cnn =3D CurrentProject.Connection
Set rst =3D cnn.OpenSchema(adSchemaProviderSpecific, , _
"{947bb102-5d43-11d1-bdbf-00c04fb92675}")
lboConnections.RowSource =3D vbNullString
lboConnections.AddItem "Computer Name;Login Name"

Do While Not rst.EOF
If rst("Connected") Then
strComputerName =3D rst("Computer_Name")
lboConnections.AddItem _
Left(strComputerName, _
InStr(strComputerName, vbNullChar) - 1) & _
";" & rst("Login_Name")
End If
rst.MoveNext
Loop
rst.Close
Set rst =3D Nothing
Set cnn =3D Nothing
End Sub

Report this message

#3: Re: Lock File Problem - 2007

Posted on 2008-04-24 00:27:45 by johnvon

On Apr 23, 1:44=A0pm, timmg <tmillsgronin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2:58=A0pm, johnv...@earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > I'm working on an Access 2007 db, and we are unable to modify db
> > objects, as it says other users are logged in. There is no one logged
> > in, although the lock file shows 3-4 users. Any suggestions on
> > correcting this?
>
> > John
>
> Could you have multiple instances of Access running? =A0That's my
> favorite gotcha.
>
> I use the following code on a form with a listbox lboconnections and
> buttons to close and refresh. =A0A nice way to see which machine in
> using the system.
>
> Private Sub ListConnections()
> =A0 =A0 Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection
> =A0 =A0 Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
> =A0 =A0 Dim strComputerName As String
>
> =A0 =A0 Set cnn =3D CurrentProject.Connection
> =A0 =A0 Set rst =3D cnn.OpenSchema(adSchemaProviderSpecific, , _
> =A0 =A0 =A0"{947bb102-5d43-11d1-bdbf-00c04fb92675}")
> =A0 =A0 lboConnections.RowSource =3D vbNullString
> =A0 =A0 lboConnections.AddItem "Computer Name;Login Name"
>
> =A0 =A0 Do While Not rst.EOF
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If rst("Connected") Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 strComputerName =3D rst("Computer_Name")
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 lboConnections.AddItem _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Left(strComputerName, _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0InStr(strComputerName, vbNullChar) - 1) & _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0";" & rst("Login_Name")
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 End If
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 rst.MoveNext
> =A0 =A0 Loop
> =A0 =A0 rst.Close
> =A0 =A0 Set rst =3D Nothing
> =A0 =A0 Set cnn =3D Nothing
> End Sub

Excellent! I'll give it a try!

Report this message