Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

bind-address mysql multiple, sanibleone xxxx, ftp://192.168.100.100/, www.xxxcon, which comes first ob_start or session, wwwxxx/58/2010, xxxxdup, xxxxdup, mailx informatii, should producers of software-based services, such as atms, be held liable for economic injuries suffered when their systems fail?

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Re: ADOVBS processing error

Posted on 2008-04-23 17:21:42 by McKirahan

"Neil Gould" <neil@terratu.com> wrote in message
news:#w2sA8UpIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> In debugging an ASP script, I receive the error message:
> --------------------------------------------------------
> Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'
>
> Name redefined
>
> /test/config/include/ADOVBS.INC, line 14
>
> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
> -------^
>
>
> What is redefining the Name?
>
> Is there some place to clarify such error messages?

"adOpenForwardOnly" is declared twice -- somewhere.

Look for another
Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
or (unlikely)
Dim adOpenForwardOnly

Did you include the file twice?
Does the include file declare it twice?
Does another include declare it?

Report this message

#2: Re: ADOVBS processing error

Posted on 2008-04-23 17:23:54 by reb01501

Neil Gould wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In debugging an ASP script, I receive the error message:
> --------------------------------------------------------
> Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'
>
> Name redefined
>
> /test/config/include/ADOVBS.INC, line 14
>
> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
> -------^
>
>
> What is redefining the Name?
>
> Is there some place to clarify such error messages?
>
> TIA
>
Create a new asp page, put this code into it and run it:

<%
Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
%>

What error do you get? Does this perhaps provide a clue as to what is
going on in the page you are having a problem with?

In case you need to be beaten with a clue-stick: look for another place
in your code where you (or whoever wrote the code) defined that
constant.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.

Report this message

#3: ADOVBS processing error

Posted on 2008-04-23 17:27:55 by Neil Gould

Hi,

In debugging an ASP script, I receive the error message:
--------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'

Name redefined

/test/config/include/ADOVBS.INC, line 14

Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
-------^


What is redefining the Name?

Is there some place to clarify such error messages?

TIA

Neil

Report this message

#4: Re: ADOVBS processing error

Posted on 2008-04-23 18:01:37 by Dave Anderson

Neil Gould wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In debugging an ASP script, I receive the error message:
> --------------------------------------------------------
> Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'
>
> Name redefined
>
> /test/config/include/ADOVBS.INC, line 14
>
> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
> -------^
>
>
> What is redefining the Name?
>
> Is there some place to clarify such error messages?

If you have any of the following lines in your global.asa file, you will get
such a message upon including ADOVBS.INC:

<!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib" UUID="00000205-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4"
NAME="Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library" -->
<!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib" UUID="00000206-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4"
NAME="Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library" -->
<!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib" UUID="EF53050B-882E-4776-B643-EDA472E8E3F2"
NAME="Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library" -->
<!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib" UUID="2A75196C-D9EB-4129-B803-931327F72D5C"
NAME="Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library" -->




--
Dave Anderson

Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use
of this email address implies consent to these terms.

Report this message

#5: Re: ADOVBS processing error

Posted on 2008-04-24 00:43:46 by Neil Gould

Recently, McKirahan <News@McKirahan.com> posted:

> "Neil Gould" <neil@terratu.com> wrote in message
> news:#w2sA8UpIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> In debugging an ASP script, I receive the error message:
>> --------------------------------------------------------
>> Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'
>>
>> Name redefined
>>
>> /test/config/include/ADOVBS.INC, line 14
>>
>> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
>> -------^
>>
>>
>> What is redefining the Name?
>>
>> Is there some place to clarify such error messages?
>
[..]
>
> Did you include the file twice?
>
Thanks. This was the problem, though not immediately obvious; ADOVBS.INC
was included in a file that was included in another .ASP script.

Best,

Neil

Report this message

#6: Re: ADOVBS processing error

Posted on 2008-04-24 00:45:49 by Neil Gould

Recently, Bob Barrows [MVP] <reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> posted:
>>
> Create a new asp page, put this code into it and run it:
>
> <%
> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
> %>
>
> What error do you get? Does this perhaps provide a clue as to what is
> going on in the page you are having a problem with?
>
> In case you need to be beaten with a clue-stick: look for another
> place in your code where you (or whoever wrote the code) defined that
> constant.
>
That would be obvious, and easy to track down. But, as I didn't write
ADOVBS.INC, the problem wasn't as obvious as that. McKirahan got it right.

Neil

Report this message

#7: Re: ADOVBS processing error

Posted on 2008-04-24 00:46:49 by Neil Gould

Recently, Dave Anderson <NPQRWPDWZGSP@spammotel.com> posted:

> Neil Gould wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In debugging an ASP script, I receive the error message:
>> --------------------------------------------------------
>> Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'
>>
>> Name redefined
>>
>> /test/config/include/ADOVBS.INC, line 14
>>
>> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
>> -------^
>>
>>
>> What is redefining the Name?
>>
>> Is there some place to clarify such error messages?
>
> If you have any of the following lines in your global.asa file, you
> will get such a message upon including ADOVBS.INC:
>
> <!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib"
> UUID="00000205-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4" NAME="Microsoft ActiveX
> Data Objects 2.5 Library" --> <!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib"
> UUID="00000206-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4" NAME="Microsoft ActiveX
> Data Objects 2.6 Library" --> <!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib"
> UUID="EF53050B-882E-4776-B643-EDA472E8E3F2" NAME="Microsoft ActiveX
> Data Objects 2.7 Library" --> <!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib"
> UUID="2A75196C-D9EB-4129-B803-931327F72D5C" NAME="Microsoft ActiveX
> Data Objects 2.8 Library" -->
>
Thanks, Dave. I'll keep this in mind.

Neil

Report this message

#8: Re: ADOVBS processing error

Posted on 2008-04-24 01:16:12 by reb01501

Neil Gould wrote:
> Recently, Bob Barrows [MVP] <reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> posted:
>>>
>> Create a new asp page, put this code into it and run it:
>>
>> <%
>> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
>> Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
>> %>
>>
>> What error do you get? Does this perhaps provide a clue as to what is
>> going on in the page you are having a problem with?
>>
>> In case you need to be beaten with a clue-stick: look for another
>> place in your code where you (or whoever wrote the code) defined that
>> constant.
>>
> That would be obvious, and easy to track down. But, as I didn't write
> ADOVBS.INC, the problem wasn't as obvious as that. McKirahan got it
> right.
>
Actually, he said the same thing i did, just in a different way

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
"NO SPAM"

Report this message