Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

www.webdp.net, Event 9 IIS log failed to write entry, wwwxxx jeffs, Catastrophic failure Unexpected method call sequence. 0x8000ffff (-2147418113)., ksh lock a file, [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed, sed: -e expression #1, char 1: unterminated address regex, procmail + change subject, w2ksp4.exe download, /proc/kallsyms format

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Perl Threads

Posted on 2010-10-10 17:08:32 by chillidba

------=_NextPart_000_0997_01CB68BB.1A9B75C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello Perl Masters,

I couldn't find good stuffs on Perl Threads,
Can some body please point me to Perl Thread tutorials.(some pdf with =
examples)

Or if someone already have some small projects/examples please send me

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,
Perl Beginner

------=_NextPart_000_0997_01CB68BB.1A9B75C0--

Report this message

#2: Re: Perl Threads

Posted on 2010-10-10 17:26:22 by Alan Haggai Alavi

On Sunday 10 Oct 2010 20:38:32 chillidba wrote:
> Can some body please point me to Perl Thread tutorials.(some pdf with
> examples)


Hi,

perldoc perlthrtut
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlthrtut.html

Regards,
Alan Haggai Alavi.
--
The difference makes the difference.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-unsubscribe@perl.org
For additional commands, e-mail: beginners-help@perl.org
http://learn.perl.org/

Report this message

#3: Re: Perl Threads

Posted on 2010-10-10 17:27:09 by Alan Haggai Alavi

On Sunday 10 Oct 2010 20:38:32 chillidba wrote:
> Can some body please point me to Perl Thread tutorials.(some pdf with
> examples)


Hi,

perldoc perlthrtut
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlthrtut.html

Regards,
Alan Haggai Alavi.
--
The difference makes the difference.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-unsubscribe@perl.org
For additional commands, e-mail: beginners-help@perl.org
http://learn.perl.org/

Report this message

#4: Re: Perl Threads

Posted on 2010-10-10 17:27:36 by oleber

Good and threads are hardly find together. Perl has a share nothing model.

I would really consider to 'use forks', the syntax is similar and
usually gets the work done.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/forks/lib/forks.pm

Best Regards
Marcos Rebelo

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 5:08 PM, chillidba <testabhi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Perl Masters,
>
> I couldn't find good stuffs on Perl Threads,
> Can some body please point me to Perl Thread tutorials.(some pdf with examples)
>
> Or if someone already have some small projects/examples please send me
>
> Thanks in Advance!!
>
> Regards,
> Perl Beginner
>

Marcos Rebelo
http://oleber.freehostia.com
Milan Perl Mongers leader http://milan.pm.org
Webmaster of http://perl5notebook.oleber.com

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-unsubscribe@perl.org
For additional commands, e-mail: beginners-help@perl.org
http://learn.perl.org/

Report this message

#5: Re: Perl Threads

Posted on 2010-10-10 17:42:39 by Shawn H Corey

On 10-10-10 11:08 AM, chillidba wrote:
> Hello Perl Masters,
>
> I couldn't find good stuffs on Perl Threads,
> Can some body please point me to Perl Thread tutorials.(some pdf with examples)
>
> Or if someone already have some small projects/examples please send me
>
> Thanks in Advance!!
>
> Regards,
> Perl Beginner
>

See:

perldoc thrtut
perldoc threads
perldoc Thread
perldoc Thread::Queue


--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
Shawn

Programming is as much about organization and communication
as it is about coding.

The secret to great software: Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy: use only FLOSS.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-unsubscribe@perl.org
For additional commands, e-mail: beginners-help@perl.org
http://learn.perl.org/

Report this message

#6: Re: Perl Threads

Posted on 2010-10-13 02:51:03 by Brian Fraser

--20cf30433f06e0a0e3049274fca6
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

The usual elevator example: http://www.perl.com/pub/2002/09/04/threads.html

I'm not entirely sure if the article is dated (I used it a couple of months
back as a personal introduction to threads in general, for whatever that
counts), but if anything, the explanation on building a threaded Perl, and
the part about shared variables, are both still useful.


Brian.

--20cf30433f06e0a0e3049274fca6--

Report this message

#7: Re: Perl Threads

Posted on 2010-10-14 16:15:46 by chillidba

--0016364d206ba260c60492945809
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Thanks a lot All of your

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Brian Fraser <fraserbn@gmail.com> wrote:

> The usual elevator example:
> http://www.perl.com/pub/2002/09/04/threads.html
>
> I'm not entirely sure if the article is dated (I used it a couple of months
> back as a personal introduction to threads in general, for whatever that
> counts), but if anything, the explanation on building a threaded Perl, and
> the part about shared variables, are both still useful.
>
>
> Brian.
>

--0016364d206ba260c60492945809--

Report this message