Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

WwWXxX, udp high ports, d-link extract firmware dsl-2750u, wwwwxxxxx.2G, yxxxcom, WWWXXX, ftp://192.168.100.100, wwwxxx 100, www.xxxcon, wwwxxx

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Re: STDOUT and STDERR with php.exe and php-win.exe on Win XP

Posted on 2011-06-20 18:27:23 by Richard Quadling

On 20 June 2011 18:18, JDS <jds@forerunnertv.com> wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how this all works on Win XP...
>
> When I call php.exe or php-win.exe from another script (AutoHotKey in my
> case), do both of these programs use stdout and stderr? I know php.exe has a
> console window and php-win.exe does not, but just need to know how they
> output the results.
>
> Thanks

STDOUT is the normal output for php.exe.

To write to the STDERR, you can ...

php -r "file_put_contents('php://STDERR', 'This is an error');" >
PHP_STDOUT.txt 2> PHP_STDERR.txt

2011-06-20 17:26 16 PHP_STDERR.txt
2011-06-20 17:26 0 PHP_STDOUT.txt

OOI. If you want to use PHP scripts to act as a filter. E.g.

command | php script, then read
http://docs.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.commandline.ph p

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend : PHPDoc
@RQuadling : e-e.com/M_248814.html : bit.ly/9O8vFY : bit.ly/lFnVea

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#2: STDOUT and STDERR with php.exe and php-win.exe on Win XP

Posted on 2011-06-20 19:18:56 by jds

I am trying to figure out how this all works on Win XP...

When I call php.exe or php-win.exe from another script (AutoHotKey in my case), do both of
these programs use stdout and stderr? I know php.exe has a console window and php-win.exe
does not, but just need to know how they output the results.

Thanks

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#3: Re: STDOUT and STDERR with php.exe and php-win.exe on WinXP

Posted on 2011-06-21 00:06:31 by jds

On 6/20/2011 11:27 AM, Richard Quadling wrote:
> On 20 June 2011 18:18, JDS<jds@forerunnertv.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out how this all works on Win XP...
>>
>> When I call php.exe or php-win.exe from another script (AutoHotKey in my
>> case), do both of these programs use stdout and stderr? I know php.exe has a
>> console window and php-win.exe does not, but just need to know how they
>> output the results.
>>
>> Thanks
> STDOUT is the normal output for php.exe.
>
> To write to the STDERR, you can ...
>
> php -r "file_put_contents('php://STDERR', 'This is an error');">
> PHP_STDOUT.txt 2> PHP_STDERR.txt
>
> 2011-06-20 17:26 16 PHP_STDERR.txt
> 2011-06-20 17:26 0 PHP_STDOUT.txt
>
> OOI. If you want to use PHP scripts to act as a filter. E.g.
>
> command | php script, then read
> http://docs.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.commandline.ph p
>
What about php-win.exe? Does it write to STDOUT as well even though there is no console
window?

Thanks

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#4: Re: STDOUT and STDERR with php.exe and php-win.exe on Win XP

Posted on 2011-06-21 13:26:13 by Richard Quadling

On 20 June 2011 23:27, JDS <jds@forerunnertv.com> wrote:
> On 6/20/2011 11:27 AM, Richard Quadling wrote:
>>
>> On 20 June 2011 18:18, JDS<jds@forerunnertv.com> àwrote:
>>>
>>> I am trying to figure out how this all works on Win XP...
>>>
>>> When I call php.exe or php-win.exe from another script (AutoHotKey in m=
y
>>> case), do both of these programs use stdout and stderr? I know php.exe
>>> has a
>>> console window and php-win.exe does not, but just need to know how they
>>> output the results.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> STDOUT is the normal output for php.exe.
>>
>> To write to the STDERR, you can ...
>>
>> php -r "file_put_contents('php://STDERR', 'This is an error');">
>> PHP_STDOUT.txt 2> àPHP_STDERR.txt
>>
>> 2011-06-20 à17:26 à à à à à à à =
à16 PHP_STDERR.txt
>> 2011-06-20 à17:26 à à à à à à à =
à 0 PHP_STDOUT.txt
>>
>> OOI. If you want to use PHP scripts to act as a filter. E.g.
>>
>> command | php script, then read
>> http://docs.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.commandline.ph p
>>
> What about php-win.exe? Does it write to STDOUT as well even though there=
is
> no console window?
>
> Thanks

Running ...

php-win -r "echo file_put_contents('php://STDERR', 'This is an error');"

outputs nothing.

Same command with outputs redirected ...

php-win -r "echo file_put_contents('php://STDERR', 'This is an
error');" > STDOUT.txt 2>STDERR.txt

outputs the 2 text files - the content of STDOUT.txt is 16.

So, you can capture STDOUT and STDERR and NOT have a console box.

Richard.

--=20
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend : PHPDoc
@RQuadling : e-e.com/M_248814.html : bit.ly/9O8vFY : bit.ly/lFnVea

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message