Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

w2ksp4.exe, WwwxxXdbf, procmail "FROM_MAILER" patch, Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at /usr/local/sbin/apxs line 86. , wwwxxx vim, mysql closing table and opening table, 800c5000, setgid operation not permitted, pciehp: acpi_pciehprm on IBM, WWWXXX.DBF

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: A Newbie question about "make" and the term.c file

Posted on 2011-10-08 08:49:53 by Peter Schrock

--000e0cd1ff3e13107d04aec3f7eb
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am trying to install mysql 5.1.59 on my ppc running os x and I get this
error message in the term.c file.

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
term.c: In function =91term_set=92:
term.c:946: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualifie=
rs
from pointer target type
term.c:947: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualifie=
rs
from pointer target type
term.c:949: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualifie=
rs
from pointer target type
term.c:950: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualifie=
rs
from pointer target type
term.c:952: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualifie=
rs
from pointer target type
term.c:953: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualifie=
rs
from pointer target type
term.c:955: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetnum=92 discards qualifier=
s
from pointer target type
term.c:956: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetnum=92 discards qualifier=
s
from pointer target type
make[2]: *** [term.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I can't figure out what it means or how to fix it. Help please.

Peter

--000e0cd1ff3e13107d04aec3f7eb--

Report this message

#2: Re: A Newbie question about "make" and the term.c file

Posted on 2011-10-08 16:54:49 by Michael Dykman

--0015175dd79c4df58a04aecabda1
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I can't help directly with the error message (the warning seems fairly
harmless), but may I inquire why you are building MySQL instead of using on=
e
of the prepared binaries? Compiling under OS/X can be pretty harrowing.

- michael dykman

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Peter Schrock <peter.schrock@gmail.com>wrot=
e:

> I am trying to install mysql 5.1.59 on my ppc running os x and I get this
> error message in the term.c file.
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> term.c: In function =91term_set=92:
> term.c:946: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:947: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:949: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:950: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:952: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:953: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:955: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetnum=92 discards qualifi=
ers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:956: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetnum=92 discards qualifi=
ers
> from pointer target type
> make[2]: *** [term.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I can't figure out what it means or how to fix it. Help please.
>
> Peter
>



--=20
- michael dykman
- mdykman@gmail.com

May the Source be with you.

--0015175dd79c4df58a04aecabda1--

Report this message

#3: Re: A Newbie question about "make" and the term.c file

Posted on 2011-10-08 18:46:53 by Peter Schrock

--001517448214c17ff904aecc4e8b
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I can understand your point, however, as stated, I am using a ppc
architecture and am not afforded the luxury of binaries in the most up to
date versions. I know using 5.1.59 isn't the most up to date, but I was als=
o
having issues with the most current version. I might start with the most
current binary for ppc and then try upgrading.
About the error, I am sure it is harmless, but I can't get past it, which
means I can't use mysql.

Peter

On Oct 8, 2011, at 7:54 AM, Michael Dykman <mdykman@gmail.com> wrote:

I can't help directly with the error message (the warning seems fairly
harmless), but may I inquire why you are building MySQL instead of using on=
e
of the prepared binaries? Compiling under OS/X can be pretty harrowing.

- michael dykman

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Peter Schrock <peter.schrock@gmail.com>wrot=
e:

> I am trying to install mysql 5.1.59 on my ppc running os x and I get this
> error message in the term.c file.
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> term.c: In function =91term_set=92:
> term.c:946: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:947: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:949: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:950: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:952: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:953: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetflag=92 discards qualif=
iers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:955: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetnum=92 discards qualifi=
ers
> from pointer target type
> term.c:956: warning: passing argument 1 of =91tgetnum=92 discards qualifi=
ers
> from pointer target type
> make[2]: *** [term.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I can't figure out what it means or how to fix it. Help please.
>
> Peter
>



--=20
- michael dykman
- mdykman@gmail.com

May the Source be with you.

--001517448214c17ff904aecc4e8b--

Report this message