Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

wwwxxxapc, wwwxxxapc, wwwwxxx cmd, wwwwxxx cmd, WwwXXXAPC, WwwXXXAPC, XXXXDUP JGP site:board.issociate.de, XXXXDUP JGP , XXXXDUP JGP , Wwwxxxapc

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: help, no jpeg support compiled in

Posted on 2005-07-07 02:42:48 by cjbottaro

Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: No JPEG
support in this PHP build

This is how I configured my php:

../configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/postgres/ --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs
--with-gd --with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib

I also tried with /usr instead of /usr/lib.

Both
libjpeg-6b-33
libjpeg-devel-6b-33
are installed.

phpinfo() reports:

gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

I'm using php-5.0.4 and Fedora Core 3.

Where is jpeg? Thanks for the help.

P.S. Yes, I am remembering to start Apache.

--
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#2: Re: help, no jpeg support compiled in

Posted on 2005-07-07 03:11:23 by Richard Lynch

On Wed, July 6, 2005 5:42 pm, Christopher J. Bottaro said:
> Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: No JPEG
> support in this PHP build
>
> This is how I configured my php:
>
> ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/postgres/ --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs
> --with-gd --with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib
>
> I also tried with /usr instead of /usr/lib.

/usr/lib is definitely Not Right.

../configure needs to find /usr/lib/*jpeg.so but *ALSO* needs to find
/usr/include/*jpeg.h

Did you do "ldconfig" after you installed the JPEG lib?
[Assuming you're on a distro that does that...]

Sometimes getting the OS to suck in the JPEG library makes it all better...

In fact, do:
ldconfig -v | grep -i jpeg
to see if you actually got JPEG into the OS.

I'm not 100% sure you need all this, but at least you know the JPEG stuff
is "there" if the OS can get it.

If it's not, dink around with /etc/ld.so.conf (or whatever it's named this
week) and add the directories you need to get jpeg.so to get sucked in.

> P.S. Yes, I am remembering to start Apache.

I've seen some funky Apache restart scripts that would report a false
successful restart when, in fact, Apache neither stopped nor started...

Stop Apache, do "ps auxwwww | grep httpd" to make sure it's gone, then
start it. Ugh. Better to be 100% certain, though. Sure wish phpinfo() had
a "php_uptime()" in it...

If all else fails, you could read the config.log output in your PHP
directory and try to figure out what it's complaining about when it skips
the JPEG part and mindlessly continues to build the PHP binary that does
*NOT* have the parts you asked for... Which I really don't think it
should do, personally, but there it is.

You'll want to search for JPEG and/or ERROR in that mess, cuz there's a
TON of output.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

--
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#3: Re: help, no jpeg support compiled in

Posted on 2005-07-07 03:23:25 by cjbottaro

Richard Lynch wrote:

> On Wed, July 6, 2005 5:42 pm, Christopher J. Bottaro said:
>> Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: No
>> JPEG support in this PHP build
>>
>> This is how I configured my php:
>>
>> ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/postgres/ --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs
>> --with-gd --with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib
>>
>> I also tried with /usr instead of /usr/lib.
>
> /usr/lib is definitely Not Right.
>
> ./configure needs to find /usr/lib/*jpeg.so but *ALSO* needs to find
> /usr/include/*jpeg.h

I know, but the weird thing is that --with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib actually worked
(don't ask me why)! It got PNG support working with GD that way. So I
figured I'd try it that way with JPEG.

> Did you do "ldconfig" after you installed the JPEG lib?
> [Assuming you're on a distro that does that...]

Yeah, its a Fedora Core 3 install, so most of these image libs are already
installed:

ldconfig -v | grep -i jpeg
ldconfig: Path `/usr/X11R6/lib' given more than once
libjpeg.so.62 -> libjpeg.so.62.0.0
libimlib-jpeg.so -> libimlib-jpeg.so

> Sometimes getting the OS to suck in the JPEG library makes it all
> better...
>
> In fact, do:
> ldconfig -v | grep -i jpeg
> to see if you actually got JPEG into the OS.
>
> I'm not 100% sure you need all this, but at least you know the JPEG stuff
> is "there" if the OS can get it.

Oops, see above.

> If it's not, dink around with /etc/ld.so.conf (or whatever it's named this
> week) and add the directories you need to get jpeg.so to get sucked in.
>
>> P.S. Yes, I am remembering to start Apache.
>
> I've seen some funky Apache restart scripts that would report a false
> successful restart when, in fact, Apache neither stopped nor started...
>
> Stop Apache, do "ps auxwwww | grep httpd" to make sure it's gone, then
> start it. Ugh. Better to be 100% certain, though. Sure wish phpinfo() had
> a "php_uptime()" in it...

Interesting. I'm pretty sure its restarting because I'm messing around with
different config options and phpinfo() is reporting different "Configure
Command"s each time. I'll try that though.

> If all else fails, you could read the config.log output in your PHP
> directory and try to figure out what it's complaining about when it skips
> the JPEG part and mindlessly continues to build the PHP binary that does
> *NOT* have the parts you asked for... Which I really don't think it
> should do, personally, but there it is.
>
> You'll want to search for JPEG and/or ERROR in that mess, cuz there's a
> TON of output.

Will do, thanks again for the help. I'll report my findings when (and if) I
figure it out.

--
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message