Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested byserver

Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested byserver

am 21.03.2006 23:33:38 von andrew2006

>
>
>On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Andrew wrote:
>
>
>> DBI connect('database=cif;host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;port=3306','xxxx' ,...)
>failed:
>> Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
>consider
>> upgrading MySQL client at ./test_load_db.pl line 126
>>
>
>Recompile DBD::mysql against current mysql client libraries.
>

I take it, you're suggesting that I do this on machine C, the client machine that tries to connect to A and B?

OK, following your advice, i think i just did all I can, as non-root. I installed my own DBI and DBD::mysql, but when I run my test script I get:

(requiring my local DBD::mysql):

prompt > ./test_load_db.pl
DBD::mysql object version 2.9003 does not match bootstrap parameter 3.0002 at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/DynaLoader.pm line 221.
Compilation failed in require at ./test_load_db.pl line 7.

(requiring my local DBI):

promt > ./test_load_db.pl
DBI object version 1.32 does not match $DBI::VERSION 1.50 at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/DynaLoader.pm line 221.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /local/lib/perl/5.6.1/DBI.pm line 255.
Compilation failed in require at ./test_load_db.pl line 6.

Incidentally, the MySQL version on this machine is 4.0.25

Or, could/should I compile my own mysql client as non-root? (I have some liberty with the machine, but am not to set up anything daemon-like of my own)

And still, the above problems aside, is it not strange that the same perl script (on C), connecting to the same types of system, with same versions of MySQL server, yields two different results -- success and failure. Doesn't this look more like some slight difference of configuration between machines A and B?

thanks

Andrew

--
MySQL Perl Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/perl
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/perl?unsub=gcdmp-msql-mysql-modules@m .gmane.org