Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

dbf2mysql parameter, WWWXXXAPC, wwwxxxAPC, How to unsubscrube from dategen spam, docmd.close 2585, WWWXXXDOCO, nu vot, dhcpd lease file "binding state", WWWXXXDOCO, how to setup procmail to process html2text

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: asp engine sets cache-control to private

Posted on 2008-04-02 23:48:02 by noone

Hi, i am trying to set cache control from iis to no-transform it works fine
but when asp runs it alsoe sets it automaticly to private.

see the example below
-----------------------------------------
HTTP Status Code: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:44:09 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
Cache-Control: no-transform
Content-Length: 2523
Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml
Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCSBDCRTR=FGAKMIMBBEEFCKEMGOMAOEGF; path=/
Cache-control: private
--------------------------------------

is there any way to change this auto mode? i know i can change it in the asp
but i have 100s of pages and it wouldn't be easy to go back once its set in
asp pages.

Report this message

#2: Re: asp engine sets cache-control to private

Posted on 2008-04-03 23:44:28 by Anthony Jones

".nLL" <noone@here.com> wrote in message
news:iaTIj.401$BN3.83@newsfet18.ams...
> Hi, i am trying to set cache control from iis to no-transform it works
fine
> but when asp runs it alsoe sets it automaticly to private.
>
> see the example below
> -----------------------------------------
> HTTP Status Code: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Connection: close
> Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:44:09 GMT
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
> Cache-Control: no-transform
> Content-Length: 2523
> Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml
> Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCSBDCRTR=FGAKMIMBBEEFCKEMGOMAOEGF; path=/
> Cache-control: private
> --------------------------------------
>
> is there any way to change this auto mode? i know i can change it in the
asp
> but i have 100s of pages and it wouldn't be easy to go back once its set
in
> asp pages.
>

You are using AddHeader. You should use the CacheControl property instead:-

Response.CacheControl = "no-transform"


--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

Report this message

#3: Re: asp engine sets cache-control to private

Posted on 2008-04-04 01:11:36 by noone

problem is i have more than 1000 pages on more than 20 domains :)



"Anthony Jones" <Ant@yadayadayada.com> wrote in message
news:OwWslPdlIHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> ".nLL" <noone@here.com> wrote in message
> news:iaTIj.401$BN3.83@newsfet18.ams...
>> Hi, i am trying to set cache control from iis to no-transform it works
> fine
>> but when asp runs it alsoe sets it automaticly to private.
>>
>> see the example below
>> -----------------------------------------
>> HTTP Status Code: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>> Connection: close
>> Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:44:09 GMT
>> Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
>> Cache-Control: no-transform
>> Content-Length: 2523
>> Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml
>> Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCSBDCRTR=FGAKMIMBBEEFCKEMGOMAOEGF; path=/
>> Cache-control: private
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>> is there any way to change this auto mode? i know i can change it in the
> asp
>> but i have 100s of pages and it wouldn't be easy to go back once its set
> in
>> asp pages.
>>
>
> You are using AddHeader. You should use the CacheControl property
> instead:-
>
> Response.CacheControl = "no-transform"
>
>
> --
> Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
>
>

Report this message

#4: Re: asp engine sets cache-control to private

Posted on 2008-04-04 01:12:35 by noone

im looking for a way to stop asp sending private directive automaticaly.
asp.net doesn't


"Anthony Jones" <Ant@yadayadayada.com> wrote in message
news:OwWslPdlIHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> ".nLL" <noone@here.com> wrote in message
> news:iaTIj.401$BN3.83@newsfet18.ams...
>> Hi, i am trying to set cache control from iis to no-transform it works
> fine
>> but when asp runs it alsoe sets it automaticly to private.
>>
>> see the example below
>> -----------------------------------------
>> HTTP Status Code: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>> Connection: close
>> Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:44:09 GMT
>> Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
>> Cache-Control: no-transform
>> Content-Length: 2523
>> Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml
>> Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCSBDCRTR=FGAKMIMBBEEFCKEMGOMAOEGF; path=/
>> Cache-control: private
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>> is there any way to change this auto mode? i know i can change it in the
> asp
>> but i have 100s of pages and it wouldn't be easy to go back once its set
> in
>> asp pages.
>>
>
> You are using AddHeader. You should use the CacheControl property
> instead:-
>
> Response.CacheControl = "no-transform"
>
>
> --
> Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
>
>

Report this message

#5: Re: asp engine sets cache-control to private

Posted on 2008-04-04 09:20:33 by Anthony Jones

".nLL" <noone@here.com> wrote in message
news:HudJj.2708$CD1.1384@newsfet15.ams...
> problem is i have more than 1000 pages on more than 20 domains :)
>

Modify the 1000 pages to include a common ASP page.

Have that included ASP page set the Response.CacheControl property.

Its probably not that difficult to automate that task with a bit of
VBScript.


--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

Report this message