Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

phpmyadmin fehler rechte unerlaubte mischung, WWWXXXApc, lilo trying to map files from unnamed device 0x0000", Wwwxxxapc, CAM::PDF::Renderer::TextF Fragen, adodb.recordset error '800a0cc1', php save mails as eml, WWWXXXAPC, sqlexpress database file auto-creation error, sqlexpress database file auto-creation error

Links

XODOX
Impressum
Datenschutz

#1: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-15 13:07:52 by Bob

http://robertlindsay.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-make-html-c ode-show-up-on.html

I think I solved it. Please feel free to read and critique the
solution.

Report this message

#2: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-15 15:44:55 by Bergamot

Bob wrote:
>
> I think I solved it.

I think you multi-posted.
http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost

--
Berg

Report this message

#3: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-15 15:52:46 by Harlan Messinger

Bob wrote:
> http://robertlindsay.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-make-html-c ode-show-up-on.html
>
> I think I solved it. Please feel free to read and critique the
> solution.

There wasn't a problem to solve. You just decided for some reason of
your own that a Rube Goldberg approach was better than just typing
"&lt;" for "<" and "&amp;" for "&".

Report this message

#4: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-15 23:00:03 by cfajohnson

On 2008-04-15, Bob wrote:
> http://robertlindsay.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-make-html-c ode-show-up-on.html
>
> I think I solved it. Please feel free to read and critique the
> solution.

That's a lot of trouble for something simple.

As someone else already pointed out, you can just change (using a
tool such as sed) '<' to '&lt;' and '&' to '&amp;'.

Alternatively, you can rename the file from file.html to file.txt
(or make a link from one name to the other).

--
Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster <http://Woodbine-Gerrard.com>
============================================================ =======
Author:
Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)

Report this message

#5: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-16 01:36:49 by Neredbojias

On 15 Apr 2008, Bergamot <bergamot@visi.com> wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>>
>> I think I solved it.
>
> I think you multi-posted.
> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost

The last time I multi-posted, I was visiting a harem.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.com/
Great sights and sounds

Report this message

#6: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-16 09:22:30 by jkorpela

Scripsit Chris F.A. Johnson:

> Alternatively, you can rename the file from file.html to file.txt

That might not help in all cases.

First, the file name suffix has no magic in itself. It's the HTTP
headers that specify whether a resource is to be treated as HTML, as
plain text, or as something else. On the other hand, using ".txt"
_usually_ makes the server send a header that tells that the resource is
plain text.

Second, IE has been observed to ignore the HTTP header and treat data as
HTML, if IE "thinks" that it "looks like" HTML. This is all wrong, but
what can you do?

And does it matter? Anyone who can possibly benefit from seeing HTML
markup probably knows how to do View Source. On the other hand, HTML
markup written by someone who does odd tricks to do a simple thing and
multiposts advice on it is hardly worth copying or imitating.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Report this message

#7: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-16 12:15:53 by Bob

On Apr 16, 12:22 am, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorp...@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> Scripsit Chris F.A. Johnson:
>
> > Alternatively, you can rename the file from file.html to file.txt
>
> That might not help in all cases.
>
> First, the file name suffix has no magic in itself. It's the HTTP
> headers that specify whether a resource is to be treated as HTML, as
> plain text, or as something else. On the other hand, using ".txt"
> _usually_ makes the server send a header that tells that the resource is
> plain text.
>
> Second, IE has been observed to ignore the HTTP header and treat data as
> HTML, if IE "thinks" that it "looks like" HTML. This is all wrong, but
> what can you do?
>
> And does it matter? Anyone who can possibly benefit from seeing HTML
> markup probably knows how to do View Source. On the other hand, HTML
> markup written by someone who does odd tricks to do a simple thing and
> multiposts advice on it is hardly worth copying or imitating.
>
> --
> Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

I h

Report this message

#8: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-16 12:16:52 by Bob

On Apr 16, 12:22 am, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorp...@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> Scripsit Chris F.A. Johnson:
>
> > Alternatively, you can rename the file from file.html to file.txt
>
> That might not help in all cases.
>
> First, the file name suffix has no magic in itself. It's the HTTP
> headers that specify whether a resource is to be treated as HTML, as
> plain text, or as something else. On the other hand, using ".txt"
> _usually_ makes the server send a header that tells that the resource is
> plain text.
>
> Second, IE has been observed to ignore the HTTP header and treat data as
> HTML, if IE "thinks" that it "looks like" HTML. This is all wrong, but
> what can you do?
>
> And does it matter? Anyone who can possibly benefit from seeing HTML
> markup probably knows how to do View Source. On the other hand, HTML
> markup written by someone who does odd tricks to do a simple thing and
> multiposts advice on it is hardly worth copying or imitating.
>
> --
> Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

I have to multipost. I don't have a newsreader and I got rid of my
news account. I post from Google groups so there is no way to cross
post, unless I have not figured it out yet.

Report this message

#9: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-16 12:35:31 by Els

Bob wrote:

> I have to multipost. I don't have a newsreader and I got rid of my
> news account. I post from Google groups so there is no way to cross
> post, unless I have not figured it out yet.

In my Google Groups 'new post' form, I see a field "To Newsgroups". My
guess is that that is meant to be plural. Especially since right below
that file there's a sentence saying "(Separate multiple groups with
commas)".

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Report this message

#10: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-16 16:47:21 by jkorpela

Scripsit Bob:

> I have to multipost.

Thank you for the clarification. Now we know that we need to kill-
file you.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Report this message

#11: Re: Make HTML code show up on the web

Posted on 2008-04-17 04:04:36 by Nick Theodorakis

Bob wrote:
....
> I have to multipost. I don't have a newsreader and I got rid of my
> news account. I post from Google groups so there is no way to cross
> post, unless I have not figured it out yet.

You just type in the other newsgroups in the "Newsgroups" field,
separated by commas.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nick_theodorakis@hotmail.com
contact form:
http://theodorakis.net/contact.html

Report this message