Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

WWWXXXAPC, docmd.close 2585, WWWXXXDOCO, nu vot, dhcpd lease file "binding state", WWWXXXDOCO, how to setup procmail to process html2text, how to setup procmail html2text, WWWXXXAPC., XXXCNZZZ

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Fw: Connecting to MySql with PHP

Posted on 2010-10-05 14:35:31 by sueandant

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01CB6492.2E6A91D0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable


----- Original Message -----=20
From: sueandant=20
To: ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk=20
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:29 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP


Thanks Ash

Where do I find the PHP mysql module? I have uncommented both the =
extensions php-mysql.dll and php-mysqli.dll; do I need to do more?

Thanks

Tony Holland
----- Original Message -----=20
From: ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk=20
To: sueandant ; php-general@lists.php.net=20
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP


Have you installed the php mysql module? Basically, it tells php how =
to connect to mysql.

This question has come up a few times this week, have you tried =
installing something like xampp or easyphp rather than the individual =
software components: Apache, php & mysql.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

----- Reply message -----
From: "sueandant" <hollandsathome@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, Oct 4, 2010 22:08
Subject: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
To: <php-general@lists.php.net>

I am running PHP 5.3.3, with Apache 2.0 Handler and MySql Server 5.1. =
My OS is Vista Home Premium 32 bit with SP2.

MySql works fine from the command prompt, Apache is running and PHP =
works. But I cannot access the mysqli classes. This simple program:

<?php

$mysqli =3D new mysqli("localhost", "root", "######", "testDB"); =
#I've deliberately obliterated the password

if (mysqli_connect_errno()) {
printf("Connect failed: %s\n", mysqli_connect_error());
exit();
} else {
printf("Host information: %s\n", mysqli_get_host_info($mysqli));
}
?>

produces this error message:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: [2002] A connection attempt =
failed because the connected party did not (trying to connect via =
tcp://localhost:3306) in C:\Apache\htdocs\mysqlconnect.php on line 3

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (HY000/2002): A connection =
attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond =
after a period of time, or established connection failed because =
connected host has failed to respond. in =
C:\Apache\htdocs\mysqlconnect.php on line 3

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in =
C:\Apache\htdocs\mysqlconnect.php on line 3

I guess PHP cannot find the mysqli classes. I've checked the =
phpinfo() output and discovered :

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\Windows =20
Loaded Configuration File C:\PHP\php.ini =20


I don't know if this ok. I've tried changing the location of the =
loaded file to C:\Windows\php.ini, but to no avail, and I don't know how =
to change the location of the config file.

I am obviously doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Can =
anyone help?

Ironically, everything worked perfectly before I upgraded to PHP =
5.3.3!


------=_NextPart_000_003F_01CB6492.2E6A91D0--

Report this message

#2: Re: Fw: Connecting to MySql with PHP

Posted on 2010-10-05 14:54:57 by Steven Staples

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 13:35 +0100, sueandant wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: sueandant
> To: ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk
> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:29 PM
> Subject: Re: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
>
>
> Thanks Ash
>
> Where do I find the PHP mysql module? I have uncommented both the extensions php-mysql.dll and php-mysqli.dll; do I need to do more?
>

Just curious... BUT....

Did you restart apache (or your webserver software) ?



> Thanks
>
> Tony Holland
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk
> To: sueandant ; php-general@lists.php.net
> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:21 PM
> Subject: Re: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
>
>
> Have you installed the php mysql module? Basically, it tells php how to connect to mysql.
>
> This question has come up a few times this week, have you tried installing something like xampp or easyphp rather than the individual software components: Apache, php & mysql.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
>
> ----- Reply message -----
> From: "sueandant" <hollandsathome@tiscali.co.uk>
> Date: Mon, Oct 4, 2010 22:08
> Subject: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
> To: <php-general@lists.php.net>
>
> I am running PHP 5.3.3, with Apache 2.0 Handler and MySql Server 5.1. My OS is Vista Home Premium 32 bit with SP2.
>
> MySql works fine from the command prompt, Apache is running and PHP works. But I cannot access the mysqli classes. This simple program:
>
> <?php
>
> $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "root", "######", "testDB"); #I've deliberately obliterated the password
>
> if (mysqli_connect_errno()) {
> printf("Connect failed: %s\n", mysqli_connect_error());
> exit();
> } else {
> printf("Host information: %s\n", mysqli_get_host_info($mysqli));
> }
> ?>
>
> produces this error message:
>
> Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: [2002] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not (trying to connect via tcp://localhost:3306) in C:\Apache\htdocs\mysqlconnect.php on line 3
>
> Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (HY000/2002): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\Apache\htdocs\mysqlconnect.php on line 3
>
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Apache\htdocs\mysqlconnect.php on line 3
>
> I guess PHP cannot find the mysqli classes. I've checked the phpinfo() output and discovered :
>
> Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\Windows
> Loaded Configuration File C:\PHP\php.ini
>
>
> I don't know if this ok. I've tried changing the location of the loaded file to C:\Windows\php.ini, but to no avail, and I don't know how to change the location of the config file.
>
> I am obviously doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Can anyone help?
>
> Ironically, everything worked perfectly before I upgraded to PHP 5.3.3!
>



--
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#3: RE: Fw: Connecting to MySql with PHP

Posted on 2010-10-05 15:02:54 by Network Admin

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Steve Staples [mailto:sstaples@mnsi.net]=20
>Sent: 05 October 2010 13:55
>To: php-general
>Subject: Re: Fw: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
>
>On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 13:35 +0100, sueandant wrote:
>> ----- Original Message -----=20
>> From: sueandant=20
>> To: ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk=20
>> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:29 PM
>> Subject: Re: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
>>=20
>>=20
>> Thanks Ash
>>=20
>> Where do I find the PHP mysql module? I have uncommented both the =
extensions php-mysql.dll and php-mysqli.dll; do I need to do more?
>>=20
>
>Just curious... BUT....
>
>Did you restart apache (or your webserver software) ?
>
>

Also, did you configure the windows firewall to allow connections into =
the MySQL server?

J


--
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#4: RE: Fw: Connecting to MySql with PHP

Posted on 2010-10-05 15:08:44 by Steven Staples

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 14:02 +0100, Jason wrote:
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: Steve Staples [mailto:sstaples@mnsi.net]
> >Sent: 05 October 2010 13:55
> >To: php-general
> >Subject: Re: Fw: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
> >
> >On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 13:35 +0100, sueandant wrote:
> >> ----- Original Message -----
> >> From: sueandant
> >> To: ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk
> >> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:29 PM
> >> Subject: Re: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
> >>
> >>
> >> Thanks Ash
> >>
> >> Where do I find the PHP mysql module? I have uncommented both the extensions php-mysql.dll and php-mysqli.dll; do I need to do more?
> >>
> >
> >Just curious... BUT....
> >
> >Did you restart apache (or your webserver software) ?
> >
> >
>
> Also, did you configure the windows firewall to allow connections into the MySQL server?
>
> J
>
>

Jason:
if you're using it via localhost, does the firewall come into play here?

All:
Also, the BIND-ADDRESS in the my.cnf, it may not be set properly
(usually they say to comment that line out)

Steve.


--
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#5: Re: Fw: Connecting to MySql with PHP

Posted on 2010-10-05 15:28:30 by musicdev

Hello,

remember that for windows, you must also copy the library (libmysql.dll) to
window's system32 directory in addition to un-commenting the
extension=php_mysql.dll line in php.ini. Also, just in case, ensure that
php.ini also has the proper extension directory set, typically c:\php\ext
but depends on where you installed php.

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Steve Staples" <sstaples@mnsi.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 9:08 AM
To: "'php-general'" <php-general@lists.php.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP

> On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 14:02 +0100, Jason wrote:
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >From: Steve Staples [mailto:sstaples@mnsi.net]
>> >Sent: 05 October 2010 13:55
>> >To: php-general
>> >Subject: Re: Fw: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
>> >
>> >On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 13:35 +0100, sueandant wrote:
>> >> ----- Original Message -----
>> >> From: sueandant
>> >> To: ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk
>> >> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:29 PM
>> >> Subject: Re: [PHP] Connecting to MySql with PHP
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Thanks Ash
>> >>
>> >> Where do I find the PHP mysql module? I have uncommented both the
>> >> extensions php-mysql.dll and php-mysqli.dll; do I need to do more?
>> >>
>> >
>> >Just curious... BUT....
>> >
>> >Did you restart apache (or your webserver software) ?
>> >
>> >
>>
>> Also, did you configure the windows firewall to allow connections into
>> the MySQL server?
>>
>> J
>>
>>
>
> Jason:
> if you're using it via localhost, does the firewall come into play here?
>
> All:
> Also, the BIND-ADDRESS in the my.cnf, it may not be set properly
> (usually they say to comment that line out)
>
> Steve.
>
>
> --
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>

--
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message