Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

dbf2mysql parameter, WWWXXXAPC, wwwxxxAPC, How to unsubscrube from dategen spam, docmd.close 2585, WWWXXXDOCO, nu vot, dhcpd lease file "binding state", WWWXXXDOCO, how to setup procmail to process html2text

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Compile error 08.04.0200 with unix-odbc 2.2.14p2-1 on DebianSqueeze AMD64

Posted on 2010-11-01 07:46:49 by Joost Kraaijeveld

--=-l+Y9HGkdt78Xe5xKofRR
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,

I am trying to compile 08.04.0200 on Debian Squeeze AMD64 with unix-odbc
2.2.14p2-1, hoping to get a working version of SQLForeignKeys hich
return nothing when I use 08.03.0200.

The compilation however fails with:

....
odbcapi.c: At top level:
odbcapi.c:1115: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'SQL=
ROWSETSIZE'
odbcapi.c:1110: error: conflicting types for 'SQLExtendedFetch'
/usr/include/sqlext.h:1857: note: previous declaration of 'SQLExtendedFetch=
' was here
odbcapi.c: In function 'SQLExtendedFetch':
odbcapi.c:1133: error: 'pcrow' undeclared (first use in this function)
odbcapi.c:1133: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
odbcapi.c:1133: error: for each function it appears in.)


The actual declaration in /usr/include/sqlext.h is:

SQLRETURN SQL_API SQLExtendedFetch(
SQLHSTMT hstmt,
SQLUSMALLINT fFetchType,
SQLLEN irow,
SQLULEN *pcrow,
SQLUSMALLINT *rgfRowStatus);

whereas the driver is expecting:

RETCODE SQL_API
SQLExtendedFetch(
HSTMT hstmt,
SQLUSMALLINT fFetchType,
SQLLEN irow,
#ifdef WITH_UNIXODBC
SQLROWSETSIZE *pcrow,
#else
SQLULEN *pcrow,
#endif /* WITH_UNIXODBC */
SQLUSMALLINT *rgfRowStatus)

I have checked unix-odbc 2.3 (the latest release I believe) but that
version contains the same definition for SQLExtendedFetch

Is there a solution for this problem? Or can I just remove/change the
#ifdef in this case (including in the function definition of course)
without getting into any problems?

TIA


--=20
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

--=-l+Y9HGkdt78Xe5xKofRR
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name="signature.asc"
Content-Description: This is a digitally signed message part

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEABECAAYFAkzOYlUACgkQ0VJKUkHcX78p7gCfeRh+u4hCRsldtO82NglE wmV5
6zAAnAoQ8oROxJSFoJFdHkX9BPH8eV7b
=nnsU
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--=-l+Y9HGkdt78Xe5xKofRR--

Report this message

#2: Re: Compile error 08.04.0200 with unix-odbc 2.2.14p2-1 onDebian Squeeze AMD64

Posted on 2010-11-01 22:19:07 by Hiroshi Inoue

HI,

(2010/11/01 15:46), Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile 08.04.0200 on Debian Squeeze AMD64 with unix-odbc
> 2.2.14p2-1, hoping to get a working version of SQLForeignKeys hich
> return nothing when I use 08.03.0200.
>
> The compilation however fails with:
>
> ...
> odbcapi.c: At top level:
> odbcapi.c:1115: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'SQLROWSETSIZE'
> odbcapi.c:1110: error: conflicting types for 'SQLExtendedFetch'
> /usr/include/sqlext.h:1857: note: previous declaration of 'SQLExtendedFetch' was here
> odbcapi.c: In function 'SQLExtendedFetch':
> odbcapi.c:1133: error: 'pcrow' undeclared (first use in this function)
> odbcapi.c:1133: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> odbcapi.c:1133: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
>
> The actual declaration in /usr/include/sqlext.h is:
>
> SQLRETURN SQL_API SQLExtendedFetch(
> SQLHSTMT hstmt,
> SQLUSMALLINT fFetchType,
> SQLLEN irow,
> SQLULEN *pcrow,
> SQLUSMALLINT *rgfRowStatus);
>
> whereas the driver is expecting:
>
> RETCODE SQL_API
> SQLExtendedFetch(
> HSTMT hstmt,
> SQLUSMALLINT fFetchType,
> SQLLEN irow,
> #ifdef WITH_UNIXODBC
> SQLROWSETSIZE *pcrow,
> #else
> SQLULEN *pcrow,
> #endif /* WITH_UNIXODBC */
> SQLUSMALLINT *rgfRowStatus)
>
> I have checked unix-odbc 2.3 (the latest release I believe) but that
> version contains the same definition for SQLExtendedFetch
>
> Is there a solution for this problem? Or can I just remove/change the
> #ifdef in this case (including in the function definition of course)
> without getting into any problems?

Could you plaese try 9.00.0200?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

--
Sent via pgsql-odbc mailing list (pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-odbc

Report this message

#3: Re: Compile error 08.04.0200 with unix-odbc 2.2.14p2-1 onDebian Squeeze AMD64

Posted on 2010-11-01 22:33:38 by Joost Kraaijeveld

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 06:19 +0900, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>
> Could you plaese try 9.00.0200?
I did and it compiled without any problem.

Just two questions:

1. Is it correct that there is just 1 .so-file build (psqlodbcw.so)?
2. Does the 9.00.0200 driver work with PostgreSQL 8.4?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl



--
Sent via pgsql-odbc mailing list (pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-odbc

Report this message

#4: Re: Compile error 08.04.0200 with unix-odbc 2.2.14p2-1 onDebian Squeeze AMD64

Posted on 2010-11-01 23:01:48 by Hiroshi Inoue

(2010/11/02 6:33), Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 06:19 +0900, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>>
>> Could you plaese try 9.00.0200?
> I did and it compiled without any problem.
>
> Just two questions:
>
> 1. Is it correct that there is just 1 .so-file build (psqlodbcw.so)?

Yes. Please type configure --disable-unicode so as to get ANSI version.

> 2. Does the 9.00.0200 driver work with PostgreSQL 8.4?

Yes.

regards,
HIroshi Inoue


--
Sent via pgsql-odbc mailing list (pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-odbc

Report this message