Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

wwwxxxAPC, How to unsubscrube from dategen spam, WWWXXXAPC, docmd.close 2585, WWWXXXDOCO, nu vot, dhcpd lease file "binding state", WWWXXXDOCO, how to setup procmail to process html2text, how to setup procmail html2text

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Can"t see connections

Posted on 2010-12-17 16:23:06 by Jerry Schwartz

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CB9DD4.65B7C100
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I know this has been talked about before, but now it is biting me big =
time.

=20

I deleted my existing connections and tried to create new ones, and they =
donâ€=99t show up. I tried making them System DSNs and I tried =
making them User DSNs, without any luck.

=20

The creation process seems to work fine, and I tested each connection =
before hitting OK.

=20

Some of my other, older connections still show.

=20

Iâ€=99m running Win32 Vista, and just installed =
mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8-win32.msi.

=20

Regards,

=20

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated

195 Farmington Ave.

Farmington, CT 06032

=20

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

E-mail: <mailto:jerry@gii.co.jp> jerry@gii.co.jp=20

Web site: <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com

=20


------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CB9DD4.65B7C100--

Report this message

#2: RE: Can"t see connections

Posted on 2010-12-17 19:34:31 by Jerry Schwartz

Well, I did some manual work on the files and registry entries, but to no
avail.

- I uninstalled MyODBC v. 5
- I deleted the myodbc* files from \windows\system32
- I manually edited the paths in the keys for my existing DSNs.

That all worked just fine.

Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem: the MyODBC setup will not (or cannot)
write the necessary entries into the system registry.

I wound up building the necessary keys by hand:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\MainTable_USA (local test)]
"Driver"="C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\Connector ODBC 5.1\\myodbc5.dll"
"SERVER"="localhost"
"UID"="access"
"PWD"="xxxxxx"
"DATABASE"="maintable_usa"
"PORT"="3306"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\SubTable_USA (local test)]
"Driver"="C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\Connector ODBC 5.1\\myodbc5.dll"
"SERVER"="localhost"
"UID"="access"
"PWD"="xxxxxx"
"DATABASE"="subtable_usa"
"PORT"="3306"

I hope this helps somebody.

Since I have to deploy this on several systems, this might actually work out
easier for me.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@gii.co.jp
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Jerry Schwartz [mailto:jerry@gii.co.jp]
>Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 10:23 AM
>To: myodbc@lists.mysql.com
>Subject: Can't see connections
>
>I know this has been talked about before, but now it is biting me big time.
>
>
>
>I deleted my existing connections and tried to create new ones, and they don't
>show up. I tried making them System DSNs and I tried making them User DSNs,
>without any luck.
>
>
>
>The creation process seems to work fine, and I tested each connection before
>hitting OK.
>
>
>
>Some of my other, older connections still show.
>
>
>
>I'm running Win32 Vista, and just installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8-
>win32.msi.
>
>
>
>Regards,
>
>
>
>Jerry Schwartz
>
>Global Information Incorporated
>
>195 Farmington Ave.
>
>Farmington, CT 06032
>
>
>
>860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>
>E-mail: <mailto:jerry@gii.co.jp> jerry@gii.co.jp
>
>Web site: <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com
>
>





--
MySQL ODBC Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc?unsub=gcdmo-myodbc@m.gmane.org

Report this message

#3: RE: Can"t see connections

Posted on 2010-12-17 20:47:25 by Jerry Schwartz

I couldn't find any bug reports on this issue, so I opened Bug #59010.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@gii.co.jp
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Jerry Schwartz [mailto:jerry@gii.co.jp]
>Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 1:35 PM
>To: 'Jerry Schwartz'; myodbc@lists.mysql.com
>Subject: RE: Can't see connections
>
>Well, I did some manual work on the files and registry entries, but to no
>avail.
>
>- I uninstalled MyODBC v. 5
>- I deleted the myodbc* files from \windows\system32
>- I manually edited the paths in the keys for my existing DSNs.
>
>That all worked just fine.
>
>Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem: the MyODBC setup will not (or
>cannot)
>write the necessary entries into the system registry.
>
>I wound up building the necessary keys by hand:
>
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\MainTable_USA (local test)]
>"Driver"="C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\Connector ODBC 5.1\\myodbc5.dll"
>"SERVER"="localhost"
>"UID"="access"
>"PWD"="xxxxxx"
>"DATABASE"="maintable_usa"
>"PORT"="3306"
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\SubTable_USA (local test)]
>"Driver"="C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\Connector ODBC 5.1\\myodbc5.dll"
>"SERVER"="localhost"
>"UID"="access"
>"PWD"="xxxxxx"
>"DATABASE"="subtable_usa"
>"PORT"="3306"
>
>I hope this helps somebody.
>
>Since I have to deploy this on several systems, this might actually work out
>easier for me.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jerry Schwartz
>Global Information Incorporated
>195 Farmington Ave.
>Farmington, CT 06032
>
>860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>E-mail: jerry@gii.co.jp
>Web site: www.the-infoshop.com
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Jerry Schwartz [mailto:jerry@gii.co.jp]
>>Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 10:23 AM
>>To: myodbc@lists.mysql.com
>>Subject: Can't see connections
>>
>>I know this has been talked about before, but now it is biting me big time.
>>
>>
>>
>>I deleted my existing connections and tried to create new ones, and they
>>don't
>>show up. I tried making them System DSNs and I tried making them User DSNs,
>>without any luck.
>>
>>
>>
>>The creation process seems to work fine, and I tested each connection before
>>hitting OK.
>>
>>
>>
>>Some of my other, older connections still show.
>>
>>
>>
>>I'm running Win32 Vista, and just installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8-
>>win32.msi.
>>
>>
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>
>>
>>Jerry Schwartz
>>
>>Global Information Incorporated
>>
>>195 Farmington Ave.
>>
>>Farmington, CT 06032
>>
>>
>>
>>860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>>
>>E-mail: <mailto:jerry@gii.co.jp> jerry@gii.co.jp
>>
>>Web site: <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>MySQL ODBC Mailing List
>For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc
>To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc?unsub=jerry@gii.co.jp





--
MySQL ODBC Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc?unsub=gcdmo-myodbc@m.gmane.org

Report this message