ActiveState announces new ActivePerl builds of 5.12.3 (and 5.8.9)am 14.02.2011 21:17:34 von Jan Dubois
ActiveState is pleased to announce ActivePerl 5.8.9 build 829,
and ActivePerl 5.12.3 build 1204, complete, ready-to-install
binary distributions of Perl.
Builds for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux are made freely available.
Builds for Solaris, HP-UX and AIX are available with ActivePerl Business
Edition. For detailed information or to download these releases, see:
What's new in ActivePerl
* ActivePerl 5.12 is now based on the recent 5.12.3 release.
* The -d switch on the #! line will now properly invoke the debugger
in Perl 5.12 (it already worked in 5.8.9 and 5.10.1).
* For Perl 5.8 on Mac OS X the Tk module has been compiled to avoid absolute
references to the installed Perl version. This makes it possible to run
packaged Tk applications (using PerlApp) to run on OS X systems that
don't have ActivePerl installed.
* All bundled modules have been updated to their latest stable releases.
Whether you're a first-time user or a long-time fan, our free resources
will help you get the most from ActivePerl.
Mailing list archives:
ActivePerl is available for the following platforms:
- Windows/x86 (32-bit)
- Windows/x64 (64-bit) (aka "AMD64")
- Mac OS X
- Linux/x86 (32 bit)
- Linux/x86_64 (64-bit) (aka "AMD64")
- Solaris/SPARC (32-bit and 64-bit) (Business Edition only)
- Solaris/x86 (32-bit) (Business Edition only)
- HP-UX/PA-RISC (32-bit) (Business Edition only)
- AIX/PowerPC (32-bit) (Business Edition only)
More information about the Business Edition can be found here:
Custom builds are available in the Enterprise Edition:
Everyone is encouraged to participate in making Perl an even better
For bugs related to ActiveState use:
For bugs related directly to Perl please use the 'perlbug' utility.
ActivePerl mailing list
To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs