Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

sqlexpress database file auto-creation error, dbf2mysql parameter, WWWXXXAPC, wwwxxxAPC, How to unsubscrube from dategen spam, docmd.close 2585, WWWXXXDOCO, nu vot, dhcpd lease file "binding state", WWWXXXDOCO

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"

Posted on 2011-04-04 21:59:36 by Fred Silsbee

--0-1319951109-1301947176=:61779
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

error message appears=A0 "cannot find php_oci8.dll"

appears just after fresh use of browser for a php file.

Occurs only once after boot under Win XP Prof SP3

It did not help to put the file nearly everywhere

________________________________________
forgot to mention that this message does not deter the opening of the web s=
ite

short delay and then continuation
message disappears
=0A
--0-1319951109-1301947176=:61779--

Report this message

#2: Re: error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"

Posted on 2011-04-05 01:54:11 by Fred Silsbee

--0-1641612839-1301961251=:11998
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

thanks! recently had to rebuild XP Prof and Fedora 14

as I remember, the php_oci8.dll is NOT used by Oracle.

There is NO working,complete set of directions to install php on windows.

I could find NO directions as to what to put on the line isapi in the IIS 5=
..1 properties.
get, head, post, debug

--- On Mon, 4/4/11, Justin Dearing <zippy1981@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Justin Dearing <zippy1981@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"
To: "Fred Silsbee" <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, April 4, 2011, 8:16 PM

Edit your PHP.ini to remove the=A0php_oci8 module. Aldo that DLL belongs in=
the ext subfolder of wherever PHP is.
Finally, if you are using PHP+IIS on windows install this:=A0http://phpmana=
ger.codeplex.com/. It will make your life much easier, and one of the thing=
s it does is let you add and remove modules.
=0A
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Fred Silsbee <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com> wrote:
=0Aerror message appears=A0 "cannot find php_oci8.dll"
=0A
=0Aappears just after fresh use of browser for a php file.
=0A
=0AOccurs only once after boot under Win XP Prof SP3
=0A
=0AIt did not help to put the file nearly everywhere
=0A
=0A________________________________________
=0Aforgot to mention that this message does not deter the opening of the we=
b site
=0A
=0Ashort delay and then continuation
=0Amessage disappears
=0A
=0A
=0A
=0A =A0 =A0 =A0

--0-1641612839-1301961251=:11998--

Report this message

#3: Re: error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"

Posted on 2011-04-05 02:02:35 by Pierre Joye

I'm not sure where you looked but the manual is full of complete
solution to install php on windows.

Cheers,

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Fred Silsbee <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com> wrote:
> thanks! recently had to rebuild XP Prof and Fedora 14
>
> as I remember, the php_oci8.dll is NOT used by Oracle.
>
> There is NO working,complete set of directions to install php on windows.
>
> I could find NO directions as to what to put on the line isapi in the IIS=
5.1 properties.
> get, head, post, debug
>
> --- On Mon, 4/4/11, Justin Dearing <zippy1981@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From: Justin Dearing <zippy1981@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"
> To: "Fred Silsbee" <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com>
> Date: Monday, April 4, 2011, 8:16 PM
>
> Edit your PHP.ini to remove the=A0php_oci8 module. Aldo that DLL belongs =
in the ext subfolder of wherever PHP is.
> Finally, if you are using PHP+IIS on windows install this:=A0http://phpma=
nager.codeplex.com/. It will make your life much easier, and one of the thi=
ngs it does is let you add and remove modules.
>
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Fred Silsbee <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com> wrot=
e:
>
> error message appears=A0 "cannot find php_oci8.dll"
>
>
>
> appears just after fresh use of browser for a php file.
>
>
>
> Occurs only once after boot under Win XP Prof SP3
>
>
>
> It did not help to put the file nearly everywhere
>
>
>
> ________________________________________
>
> forgot to mention that this message does not deter the opening of the web=
site
>
>
>
> short delay and then continuation
>
> message disappears
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



--=20
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#4: Re: error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"

Posted on 2011-04-05 05:00:56 by Fred Silsbee

--0-246216037-1301972456=:34089
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I'm not sure where you looked but the manual is full of complete
solution to install php on windows.  =A0 NOT
______________________________
this PHP manager is for IIS 7 and that requires windows server 2008

I have Win XP Prof SP3

--- On Tue, 4/5/11, Pierre Joye <pierre.php@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"
To: "Fred Silsbee" <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com>
Cc: "Justin Dearing" <zippy1981@gmail.com>, php-windows@lists.php.net
Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 12:02 AM

I'm not sure where you looked but the manual is full of complete
solution to install php on windows.

Cheers,

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Fred Silsbee <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com> wrote:
> thanks! recently had to rebuild XP Prof and Fedora 14
>
> as I remember, the php_oci8.dll is NOT used by Oracle.
>
> There is NO working,complete set of directions to install php on windows.
>
> I could find NO directions as to what to put on the line isapi in the IIS=
5.1 properties.
> get, head, post, debug
>
> --- On Mon, 4/4/11, Justin Dearing <zippy1981@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From: Justin Dearing <zippy1981@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"
> To: "Fred Silsbee" <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com>
> Date: Monday, April 4, 2011, 8:16 PM
>
> Edit your PHP.ini to remove the=A0php_oci8 module. Aldo that DLL belongs =
in the ext subfolder of wherever PHP is.
> Finally, if you are using PHP+IIS on windows install this:=A0http://phpma=
nager.codeplex.com/. It will make your life much easier, and one of the thi=
ngs it does is let you add and remove modules.
>
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Fred Silsbee <fredsilsbee@yahoo.com> wrot=
e:
>
> error message appears=A0 "cannot find php_oci8.dll"
>
>
>
> appears just after fresh use of browser for a php file.
>
>
>
> Occurs only once after boot under Win XP Prof SP3
>
>
>
> It did not help to put the file nearly everywhere
>
>
>
> ________________________________________
>
> forgot to mention that this message does not deter the opening of the web=
site
>
>
>
> short delay and then continuation
>
> message disappears
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



--=20
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org
=0A
--0-246216037-1301972456=:34089--

Report this message

#5: Re: error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"

Posted on 2011-04-06 02:49:52 by Kris Craig

--bcaec52e6017e4be6a04a0355e72
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Have you tried running PHP as a FastCGI module instead of ISAPI? I'm not
sure if it's still performing better or not, but at very least it is a lot
easier to setup.


--Kris

--bcaec52e6017e4be6a04a0355e72--

Report this message

#6: Re: error message appears "cannot find php_oci8.dll"

Posted on 2011-04-06 07:43:03 by Pierre Joye

that's totally unrelated. His problem is a basic installation issue.
Either the OCI client is missing or he is loading the wrong version
(11G in 5.3 requires version 11).

A wrong ISAPI would give a different error, like "this module is built
for xyz but foo is used" API error check.

Cheers,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Kris Craig <kris.craig@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried running PHP as a FastCGI module instead of ISAPI? =A0I'm n=
ot
> sure if it's still performing better or not, but at very least it is a lo=
t
> easier to setup.
>
>
> --Kris
>



--=20
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message