Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

phpmyadmin fehler rechte unerlaubte mischung, WWWXXXApc, lilo trying to map files from unnamed device 0x0000", Wwwxxxapc, CAM::PDF::Renderer::TextF Fragen, adodb.recordset error '800a0cc1', php save mails as eml, WWWXXXAPC, sqlexpress database file auto-creation error, sqlexpress database file auto-creation error

Links

XODOX
Impressum
Datenschutz

#1: Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9þ

Posted on 2011-04-21 00:13:39 by Andres Herrera

--_691e008d-2af1-4ee5-9624-267205c9934a_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit


Hello all,

I've been tasked to create Production ready builds of
PHP 5.2.17 and PHP 5.3.6 to run on IIS 7.0 web servers. The
StepByStepBuild wiki instructions were perfect, I was able to get a PHP
5.3.6 build in no time at all. However, not having VC6, I was forced to
use VC9 to compile 5.2.17. I basically followed the same instructions
for building PHP 5.3.6 just used different source. The build was
successful, however I have to question what possible issues I've
introduced using VC9 and Windows SDK 6.1 instead of using VC6 and
Platform SDK 2003.

The windows compiler wiki
shows that VC9 for 5.2.x is not officially supported but known to work.
This comment makes me hesitant to deploy this build to a Production
environment. I looked around the MSDN and found that Microsoft no longer
supports VC6 and can no longer be downloaded via their site. Is there
any way to obtain VC6 anymore?? I can't use the PHP pre build binaries
because we want to have the ability to customize the code base.

What
do you all suggest, is PHP 5.2.17 built using VC9 with Windows SDK 6.1
Production quality? Or should I find a way to get a copy of VC6?

Thank you,

Andres Herrera
--_691e008d-2af1-4ee5-9624-267205c9934a_--

Report this message

#2: Re: [PHP-WIN] Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9‏

Posted on 2011-04-21 01:20:57 by Richard Quadling

2011/4/20 Andres Herrera <herreraaandres@live.com>:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I've been tasked to create Production ready builds of
> PHP 5.2.17 and PHP 5.3.6 to run on IIS 7.0 web servers. The
> StepByStepBuild wiki instructions were perfect, I was able to get a PHP
> 5.3.6 build in no time at all. However, not having VC6, I was forced to
> use VC9 to compile 5.2.17. I basically followed the same instructions
> for building PHP 5.3.6 just used different source. The build was
> successful, however I have to question what possible issues I've
> introduced using VC9 and Windows SDK 6.1 instead of using VC6 and
> Platform SDK 2003.
>
> The windows compiler wiki
>  shows that VC9 for 5.2.x is not officially supported but known to w=
ork.
>  This comment makes me hesitant to deploy this build to a Production
> environment. I looked around the MSDN and found that Microsoft no longer
>  supports VC6 and can no longer be downloaded via their site. Is the=
re
> any way to obtain VC6 anymore??  I can't use the PHP pre build binar=
ies
> because we want to have the ability to customize the code base.
>
> What
>  do you all suggest, is PHP 5.2.17 built using VC9 with Windows SDK =
6.1
> Production quality? Or should I find a way to get a copy of VC6?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Andres Herrera

The wiki had a bit of an issue and had to be recovered. Some of the
data may be out of date.

For Windows, VC9 with SDK 6.1 is used to build PHP.

--=20
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend
@RQuadling : e-e.com/M_248814.html : bit.ly/9O8vFY

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#3: Re: [PHP-WIN] Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9‏

Posted on 2011-04-21 06:52:48 by Pierre Joye

2011/4/21 Andres Herrera <herreraaandres@live.com>:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I've been tasked to create Production ready builds of
> PHP 5.2.17 and PHP 5.3.6 to run on IIS 7.0 web servers.

Our builds are production ready. Why do you want to build them again
on your own?

> The
> StepByStepBuild wiki instructions were perfect, I was able to get a PHP
> 5.3.6 build in no time at all. However, not having VC6, I was forced to
> use VC9 to compile 5.2.17. I basically followed the same instructions
> for building PHP 5.3.6 just used different source. The build was
> successful, however I have to question what possible issues I've
> introduced using VC9 and Windows SDK 6.1 instead of using VC6 and
> Platform SDK 2003.

5.2 does not support VC9 and we won't change anything to make it work
with VC9. PHP 5.2 is also not supported anymore.

> What
> =A0do you all suggest, is PHP 5.2.17 built using VC9 with Windows SDK 6.1
> Production quality? Or should I find a way to get a copy of VC6?

Use our builds for both 5.2 and 5.3 would be much easier for you, as
well as using only 5.3. But I suppose the later is not option for you.

Cheers,
--=20
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message

#4: Re: [PHP-WIN] Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9‏

Posted on 2011-04-21 17:49:23 by Logan L

--bcaec51a8aa06f45cf04a16faf74
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hey Andres,

How about using FastCGI with IIS for 5.2.X per this guide.
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php -applications-on-iis-7/

That being said you should consider upgrading to 5.3x as Pierre suggests

-L


On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre.php@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/4/21 Andres Herrera <herreraaandres@live.com>:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've been tasked to create Production ready builds of
> > PHP 5.2.17 and PHP 5.3.6 to run on IIS 7.0 web servers.
>
> Our builds are production ready. Why do you want to build them again
> on your own?
>
> > The
> > StepByStepBuild wiki instructions were perfect, I was able to get a PHP
> > 5.3.6 build in no time at all. However, not having VC6, I was forced to
> > use VC9 to compile 5.2.17. I basically followed the same instructions
> > for building PHP 5.3.6 just used different source. The build was
> > successful, however I have to question what possible issues I've
> > introduced using VC9 and Windows SDK 6.1 instead of using VC6 and
> > Platform SDK 2003.
>
> 5.2 does not support VC9 and we won't change anything to make it work
> with VC9. PHP 5.2 is also not supported anymore.
>
> > What
> > do you all suggest, is PHP 5.2.17 built using VC9 with Windows SDK 6.1
> > Production quality? Or should I find a way to get a copy of VC6?
>
> Use our builds for both 5.2 and 5.3 would be much easier for you, as
> well as using only 5.3. But I suppose the later is not option for you.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Pierre
>
> @pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org
>
> --
> PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>
>

--bcaec51a8aa06f45cf04a16faf74--

Report this message

#5: RE: [PHP-WIN] Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9þ

Posted on 2011-04-21 23:08:04 by Andres Herrera

--_dc22c7d7-cde1-43ec-852c-e422432d5406_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit




> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:52:48 +0200
> Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9þ
> From: pierre.php@gmail.com
> To: herreraaandres@live.com
> CC: php-windows@lists.php.net
>
> 2011/4/21 Andres Herrera <herreraaandres@live.com>:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've been tasked to create Production ready builds of
> > PHP 5.2.17 and PHP 5.3.6 to run on IIS 7.0 web servers.
>
> Our builds are production ready. Why do you want to build them again
> on your own?
>
> > The
> > StepByStepBuild wiki instructions were perfect, I was able to get a PHP
> > 5.3.6 build in no time at all. However, not having VC6, I was forced to
> > use VC9 to compile 5.2.17. I basically followed the same instructions
> > for building PHP 5.3.6 just used different source. The build was
> > successful, however I have to question what possible issues I've
> > introduced using VC9 and Windows SDK 6.1 instead of using VC6 and
> > Platform SDK 2003.
>
> 5.2 does not support VC9 and we won't change anything to make it work
> with VC9. PHP 5.2 is also not supported anymore.
>
> > What
> > do you all suggest, is PHP 5.2.17 built using VC9 with Windows SDK 6.1
> > Production quality? Or should I find a way to get a copy of VC6?
>
> Use our builds for both 5.2 and 5.3 would be much easier for you, as
> well as using only 5.3. But I suppose the later is not option for you.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Pierre
>
> @pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

Thanks Pierre, Its not the answer I was hoping for but, I appreciate the response.
Now to find a copy of VC6.

Thanks,

Andres Herrera

--_dc22c7d7-cde1-43ec-852c-e422432d5406_--

Report this message

#6: Re: [PHP-WIN] Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9‏

Posted on 2011-04-21 23:39:10 by Pierre Joye

2011/4/21 Andres Herrera <herreraaandres@live.com>:

> Thanks Pierre, Its not the answer I was hoping for but, I appreciate the
> response.
> Now to find a copy of VC6.

You won't find any legal copy from microsoft, don't look there that
will spare you some time. Be sure to find the enterprise version or
the resulting binaries will be around 30% slower (raw perf).

However I still have no idea why in the world do you want to build it
yourself...

Cheers,
--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

--
PHP Windows Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Report this message